C7 Hub receives Zwave signals but does not transmit

I noticed my devices not responding recently then would work again the next day.
After about 2 weeks of this, none of my devices seemed to work except the 3 Zigbee lights.
I have about 45 Z-wave and 3 Zigbee devices on the C7 Hub.
I noticed that my Z-wave Motion sensor still turns on my Zigbee light and i can turn on all 3 Zigbee lights with the app. I can also see inputs from my Aeotec Walmotes and Zooz Motion Sensors. It Seems that the Z-wave radio is receiving but not transmitting. When i use the app to activate any Z-wave device it doesn't even acknowledge the command. I did start using a Zooz Power meter switch and it was filling my logs every 5 seconds. I have corrected this, cleared logs, did a soft reset and restored to no avail.
Is it time for a new hub after 10 months?
Anyone else seen anything like this?

You didn’t mention how you corrected this, or if you joined the device with security (and what type). Generally, people recommend joining this type of device without security due to the increased overhead it adds. Have you tried removing this device from the mesh to see if things clear up? Also, just in case you don’t know, the radio doesn’t clear with a hub reboot. You have to completely shut down the hub and disconnect the power for a few seconds (or long enough for capacitors to discharge I suppose).
Even a soft reset only resets the hub’s database. I would start by doing a proper shutdown and pulling the power at the wall, wait a minute, then plug back in and see if things don’t improve. Otherwise try removing whatever the last device is that you joined to the hub. Perhaps just powering it down first to see if that fixes things.

Thanks Ken, Sometimes you work on something so long that you forget the simple things.
The weird thing is the Device has been on the hub for the 10 months that i have had this hub, just not continuously. I just plugged it in to monitor an air conditioner that i am going to run on solar and i guess i had never set up the logging side and when i turned on logging it just inundated the hub,
The first thing i did today after i read your response was shut the hub down and unplugged it for 5 minutes.
Plugged it in, grabbed my laptop and walked to the living room where lights started coming on as they are supposed to. Looking at the hub and devices, i believe that solved my problem.

1 Like