C7 Firmware Update Issue

I was trying to update my C7 Hub Zwave firmware according to the instructions related to the 2.3.8 update.

My C7 Hub was at 2.3.6.xxx version. I followed the instructions in this post
[Updating Z-Wave radio on C-7 hubs after version 2.3.8.122]

Since I was not at 2.3.8 or higher I followed the 2nd set of steps: "For all other C-7 hub......"

1.) I updated the hub to 2.3.8.134 (not 122 since 134 was the latest)
2.) I checked the Zwave details page and did have a "Firmware Update" buttons so I selected it
This began the download/install process for the firmware update. It got to about 70% or so and had the following error:

I did not do step 3 due to the error in step 2. I then read some of the other posts that had issues.

I then powered down/unplugged and rebooted the hub.

I checked the version using the hub/advanced/Zwaveversion from the browser. Unfortunately I did not capture that result but it did not appear to be version 7.18.

I have since followed the steps in the first part of the linked post:

1. Updated hub (already done as noted above)
  2. performed command install/Zipgateway715
  3. rebooted hub
  4. Went to details page and selected "Update Firmware" again.
    Again I got the same error that I got above, "device was unable to receive the requested firmware...."

So at this point I am not sure what to do to move forward. This is what the version web command shows:

VersionReport(zWaveLibraryType:7, zWaveProtocolVersion:7, zWaveProtocolSubVersion:17, firmware0Version:7, firmware0SubVersion:17, hardwareVersion:1, firmwareTargets:1, targetVersions:[[target:1, version:7, subVersion:15]])

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I went through the process again and I believe I was successful. Here is my version string now... I think I made it.

VersionReport(zWaveLibraryType:7, zWaveProtocolVersion:7, zWaveProtocolSubVersion:18, firmware0Version:7, firmware0SubVersion:18, hardwareVersion:1, firmwareTargets:1, targetVersions:[[target:1, version:7, subVersion:18]])

1 Like

Yup - that's what you want. :slight_smile:

2 Likes