C7 became unreliable within last 36 hrs

I don't know if this is related to the last update that took place, but for much of yesterday and today, I find I'm fighting with HE. First, my google homes aren't giving announcements, but also have a handful of Sonoff Contact sensors that are not reporting the correct status. Just seems to be all of a sudden. I have had to stop a notification that is blatantly wrong. I have repaired 2 of the sensors, which was only a temporary fix. As it quickly was complaining again, this notification has been stopped temporarily.

I had the plan of moving my hub from the current location (3rd-floor office) to the main floor, but the ethernet port doesn't seem to be live so that quickly stopped. My main router is on the 1st floor (basement) with a satellite in the 3rd-floor office, which the HE is currently plugged into.

In its location, it has been working very well up until yesterday. I really have a hard time believing I need to move the HE, but I am quickly losing faith here.

Are there some best practice ideas I can try to determine what's going on?

1. TTS via Google is unreliable
  2. Contact Sensors not reporting correct status

Not sure if related, but very possible... I RECENTLY noticed I have to keep refreshing my dashboard to get updated information, whereas I was confident it keeps itself refreshed.

Contact sensors are Zigbee I assume?
What Zigbee channel do you have set, and what channel is your 2.4Ghz wifi set to?
Is possible your Wifi is set to auto and it changed such that it overlaps Zigbee.

1 Like

I had something like this years ago it made the whole place go haywire. I had turned on a guest WiFi which was within the same range as the zigbee lights.

Sorry, I was explicit in the original post, yes Zigbee, honestly, I've not realized the overlap potential previously. I've never even looked at the Zigbee Details previously.

So starting with Router, yes, I see 2.4 was set to Auto, so overlap is possible, I have specified a channel which is NOT the same as Zigbee and applied it, I suppose will watch to see if devices "come back" online.

Also, yes the guest WiFi had become active, so for sake of keeping all in the best case, I have disabled it to see what I find.

Just to note channel 11 WiFi and channel 11 zigbee is not the same. So your need to confirm they are not the same from the zigbee/WiFi chart you can find all over.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.