C7 as backup for c8

now that i have the extra c7 can it be a backup via the hub restore for the c8..

ie if the c8 dies can at lease the zwave and database be restored to the c7 at least while waiting for a c8 replacment from you..

obviously the zigbee radio cannot be.

thanks.

Sure, why not? It seems like you've thought this through (Zigbee can't be restored on C7).

2 Likes

Assuming you don't need any C8 only features:
Do you think that it would be better (i.e. easier) to keep the C8 as a backup device - until the c7 dies? :thinking:

Yes, because you'd be taking advantage of the Zigbee migration, so you could be up and running in 10 min or less using a C8, without the need to walk around the house resetting and re-pairing Zigbee devices.

1 Like

C8 -> vault :wink:

That's what I've done this last year + with my C7. But now that the C8 is out, I'm not sure what to do.
Do I order one and wait for my C5 to die and totally skip the C7?

Choices... choices...

1 Like

since my houes are empty i think i will eventually get another c8 for each house and have it configured and ready to go so a neighbor can just come in and swap it out if it dies..

wondering if i can use the hub protect to restore the configuration to the backup in order to have it ready to be swapped in. even though i don't have a failure at the time or can i just restore the cloud backup with both readios...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.