C7 and C8 running together

Hi,

I have a large number of rules on my C7 and they work fine. I intend to buy a C8 to cover part of my house that is out of reach for the C7 network (since C8 can be installed far from router). I intend to create different rules on the C8, and connect it to new sensors and devices - so no migration involved.

• Should I anticipate any issue running both a C7 and C8 together? Do I set this up from Setting/Hub Mesh?

• If I ever needed to, could I control the same device from both the C7 and C8, or would that create issues?

Thank you. I couldn't find a previous answer on these points, but I may have missed it.

Not really but I would have them on separate zigbee channels.

Yes you can control the same device from both but it can only be paired to one or the other. However, you can use Hub Mesh to "share" devices between hubs and that will allow you to control the same device from multiple hubs.

Makes sense. The only issue you'll have - and it isn't really an issue per se - is that you'll need to build out reliable z-wave and/or zigbee meshes for both hubs.

1 Like

Oh I should add - much easier if you keep them on the same subnet!

Thank you so much! That helps a lot.

What does that mean? Where do I set this up?

It's a function of your home network. If you don't know what it means it is likely not going to be an issue for you :slight_smile:

Good :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.