C5 to C8 Migration fails - Backup Password Protected

I created the cloud backup for C8 migration. When trying to apply to the C8 I get an error that the backup is password protected.

I have never been a Hub Protect customer or created a cloud backup before and have tried my usual passwords.

I do not see anywhere on the C5 where I could set a password.

Thoughts? - Should I upgrade the firmware on the C8 instead of going straight to migrate?

Running 2.3.7.138 on C5

Thanks!!

The backup password IIRC is separate from the hub password, if used; so not sure how you would have set it without knowing. Might be a @support_team question.

As far as upgrading the C-8, my general philosophy is that I want to have my hardware on the most current generally available release prior to doing any build or migration on it. Really your call though.

1 Like

Have you tried creating another backup?

1 Like

Yes, please, make sure both hubs are up to date.

1 Like

I upgraded the C8 to 2.3.7.138 and created a new migration backup. It is still saying "This backup is password protected, please provide a password".

The newer firmware does allow to retry passwords without restarting from the beginning.

2 Likes

That's super strange. I sent you a private message to get more details about your hub.

1 Like

Thank you Hubitat Team!

2.3.7.140 solved the issue and provided a seamless upgrade from C5 to C8!

4 Likes