C5 to C8 Issue

I upgraded Thursday to a C8 from as C5 and have been having intermittent zigbee issues since, I know there was a firmware issue that has been fixed. Is there any recourse for those of us that migrated before the firmware? So far about the only solution I have found is to factory reset the devices that are behaving poorly and let the bridge discover them again. Once I do that they seem pretty solid again. Its just a lot of work trying to get things to reset. My issue is either devices just don't respond at all or will respond and then go dead until I power cycle them, then they work again for a little bit and go dead again, When I did the migration both hubs were on 2.3.5.101

Update both hubs, re run migration. Shut down old hub

1 Like

The two subsequent updates specifically addressed migration related issues where restoring the backup would fail. We have not seen incidents of intermittent issues with Zigbee devices. Such incidents are usually related to Zigbee mesh interference/weakness. Mind sharing more details about your mesh structure and/or previous Zigbee experience? Are you having problems with the same devices, or random failures? Is the new hub located in a different spot than the hub you migrated from?

1 Like

yeah I thought about that but I am figuring with all the changes I did today while fixing the zigbee stuff (lots of device/app clean up and upgrades, moved to the native homekit ect ect) starting over would be more work than just pushing forward. I was just hoping there was an easy fixing coming. I have been playing with just changing one thing on the config on misbehaving devices and hitting save and then changing it back, That so far seems to be helping not sure why though.

I don't recommend starting over, but rather figuring out what is different than older hub, if your experience on older hub was better.

Also, letting the mesh settle for a day may be all you need, rather than making significant changes at this point that could create even more problems.

I just updated to 103 so maybe that will help some. I think my biggest issue was that the repeaters I use were the ones acting up and going on and off line. The Securifi Peanut Plug. I also lost all three of my Hampton Bay Fan controllers, and for some reason I lose Alexa and Homekit integration. I think that might of been a token issue. I think the biggest thing I did to help was reset all the main peanuts and add them back. I still have two more in the garage to do but I am waiting to see if things stay stable.

Here is the current network map, the bulbs should drop off once I get the garage outlets back on the network.

arent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [networkId=0, childCount=0, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=FFFF]

Child Data

Neighbor Table Entry
[Kitchen Task Lighting, 0C4E], LQI:169, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Front Porch Light, 0FB4], LQI:130, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Family room lamp switch, 14C9], LQI:168, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Garage Man Door Light, 2907], LQI:79, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Landscape Lights, 30A9], LQI:100, age:2, inCost:1, outCost:7
[Garage Left Bulb, 3D04], LQI:59, age:4, inCost:5, outCost:3
[Living Room Lamp, 46BE], LQI:192, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Porch Light Outlet, 4AD3], LQI:144, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[null, 68E0], LQI:140, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Guest Bedroom Outlet, 71D1], LQI:174, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:3
[Porch Dimmer, 9A51], LQI:188, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Kitchen Outlet, AB65], LQI:204, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:3
[null, BE02], LQI:157, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:3
[null, CCFD], LQI:216, age:5, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Bedroom Outlet, FE36], LQI:184, age:5, inCost:1, outCost:1

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Family room lamp switch, 14C9] via [Family room lamp switch, 14C9]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Bedroom Outlet, FE36] via [Bedroom Outlet, FE36]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Guest Bedroom Outlet, 71D1] via [Guest Bedroom Outlet, 71D1]
status:Active, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [null, CCFD] via [null, CCFD]
status:Active, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [null, 68E0] via [null, 68E0]
status:Active, age:0, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [null, BE02] via [null, BE02]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Hall Motion Sensor, 252B] via [Kitchen Outlet, AB65]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Living Room Lamp, 46BE] via [Kitchen Outlet, AB65]
status:Active, age:32, routeRecordState:2, concentratorType:Low Ram, [Kitchen Outlet, AB65] via [Porch Dimmer, 9A51]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Dining room fan controller, 7357] via [Living Room Lamp, 46BE]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Bedroom Fan Controller, DB9E] via [Bedroom Outlet, FE36]

Yeah i gave it all of Friday to straighten out and just started taking a crack at it this morning. I think with everything I did I'll let it rebuild the mesh and leave it alone except maybe going out and fixing the garage peanuts.

1 Like

Peanut plugs have always been an issue even on the c7.,.. beware

My peanut plugs have always worked fine both on my c5 and now on my c8.

There's a lot of unit to unit variation with those plugs.

At one point of time I had 8 of them. 6 were well behaved. 2 would spam the network constantly with spurious power readings (1 of the 2 was particularly bad in this respect). Both these plugs did this while paired to Hubitat (C-5) as well as a Securifi Almond 3.

I think @Ken_Fraleigh had a similar experience.

Indeed I did. I saw the same behavior on my SmartThings hub as well.

1 Like

If these were new. then I could see an issue. However, I've had these things since early 2019 and this was the first issue I had with them. They have always been rock solid for me. I do have some sengled ones I've never installed. I added one of those today to so I'll keep an eye on them all. Also I just checked, I have the automatic power reporting turned off on them, so maybe that has something to do with it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.