C5 (external AU zwaveme stick)to C8 Migration migration

I got delivery of the new C8 to replace my C5 Au version (wich came with a z-waveme USB stick).
Have tried multiple times to migrate without success. Following the migration instructions - have tried anything I could think of - soft resets, waiting 5mins after migration.....
On the C8, after migration, the correct zwave devices are listed under 'devices', but under 'settings\z-wave details', nothing is listed:

Is there something I've missed?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Here are some of the things I would try in this situation:

1. With the hub protect subscription to migrate, ensure that the Z-Wave and Zigbee backup/restore options were selected. (I assume this is automatically selected with the C-8 transition, but not sure…
  2. Turn off the C-8, un-plug it for a minute or so, then plug it back in. This will reset the Z-Wave radio and if the data was actually restored, it should show up again.

Thanks for the reply Sebastien.

1. Unfortunately, there is no such option when u create a cloud backup for migration
  2. I've tried turning the c8 off for 10min - no zwave radio devices listed though zwave devices are listed.

Darn. Are you able to try restoring the backup a second time, in case that may make a difference?

Tagging @bobbyD for help with C5-C8 migration

1 Like

I tried 4 times so far without success - I also tried soft resetting the C8 in between migrations and zwave repair of c5 b4 migration.

I just thought of something this morning… Does the C-5 hub have the Z-Wave.me stick or another one? If another one, this would explain the issue…. From the documentation:

“Hubs shipped with the Z-Wave.Me adapter will work with Z-Wave radio migration. Model C-4 or C-5 hubs utilizing other external Z-Wave adapters do not support Z-Wave radio migration.”

Hey Sebastien thanks for the thought.
My C5 has the standard z-waveme adapter that was shipped with the unit (that was provided by habitat)

1 Like

Are you on the latest platform version prior to migration?

1 Like

Definitely have the latest platform installed @support_team

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.