C5 backup

I can't remember doing that... so I'd have to say no.

I may have and had it be so smooth that I don't even remember it. The critical element is the ZWave Controller and it's ability to respond in ANY way to the backup software. In other words, it's more about the uniqueness of the backup commands internal to the Stick than it is to the backup/restore process.

Without spending a large amount of time on this, my conclusion is, it didn't work. The ZWave Repair started and it's clear the ZStick knows about the prior mesh.. commands from the hub ar ebeing routed to Nodes that don't show in Hubitat. The ZRepair seems hung... it's hit it's final Node from Hubitat's standpoint but it doesn't consider itself done.

OOOh it's good I just typed that.. ZRepair just moved onto Node 20, which is unknown to the Hub. :smiley: So it's not hung, it just is jumping over some devices.

1 Like

The extra functionality with the Stick would be my concern. I should have done some of these things before I converted one to a Zniffer. I would really like to try the converting the secondary into a primary. Another stick.

You don't really need another... you back it up to HDD and then Reset it. Then restore to it and start beating it into submission. Anytime you find yourself at a dead end, just re-restore the backup from HDD to the stick.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the Zigbee coordinator ID and/or ZWave network identification can be spoofed, in the same way that an ethernet network interface controller media access control (MAC) address can be masqueraded?

And how many hubs do you have? Of course I need another stick. :wink:

I have 6 Hubitat Hubs. I'm probably 10th or 11th in the Race for Most Hubs. :smiley:

I Join my one ZStick to my "Downstairs Hub" and then move it and back it up using Aeon's tool. Then I move it and Join it to my "Upstairs Hub" and move it and back it up with Aeon's tool.

Then the ZStick gets tossed on the shelf til the next time. I have restored using Aeon's tool but I never did much after the Grin wore off. :smiley:

2 Likes