C4 hub won't start after updating to 2.3.5.105

I just applied the update from 2.3.4.xxx to my C4 hub and now it won't restart, I did a power-cycle and still nothing. Not sure what to do next.

I did download a fresh backup before the update.

Ironically my C8 was delivered just now, hours after my C4 crashed.
@gopher.ny I see you've been helping people, I'm sure you're busy with C8 questions but how do I get my hub back so I can upgrade?

What color LED do you have? If you don't have any, could need a new power supply.

I see no LED on it, there is a blue LED on the zwave dongle.
I tried hitting the IP with :8081 and no response.
Thanks.

Please try an alternative power supply. I hope it's the external power issue and not internal. We have seen a few cases of C4s going out in this fashion. The update was just a coincidence.

I'm not sure I have a compatible power supply but I'll put the multi-meter on it and see if the PS is working. (Just sent a email to support btw)
As I said above, it does have a blue light on the ZWave dongle so it is getting power.

The question is if it gets enough power to start everything else.

Pretty much any phone charger will work with it

MultiMeter shows 5.3v from the power adapter.

Woah! I left it unplugged for 5-10 minutes (previously was ~1 min) and it restarted OK.
Yes!
Now I will get to work migrating to my new C8.
Is there a guide for that since I can't do the cloud backup from the old unit?

1 Like

Look through the forum for the steps to go from C4 to C7.

This link might help you out migrate

1 Like

Thanks, I found this thread also

And like that responder said there are likely lots of threads on c4-c7 upgrade which are applicable.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.