C-8 with hub protect not making migration ready backups

I transferred my hub protect last year from C-7 to C-8. Now when I go to upgrade my C-8 to C-8 pro there are not any migratable backups. Any ideas would be great. Version 2.3.8.119 on the C-8

Just to be sure, do you have cloud backups scheduled for your C-8? And, is the C-8 Pro registered to the same account as the C-8?

Yes
Yes
Last Year I transferred hub protect from C-7 to C-8. Now I am transferring to C-8 Pro.

I believe that any of your cloud backups will do the migration because they include the Zigbee and Z-Wave radio data, which local backups lack. A migration backup is simply a single cloud backup for those who do not have a Hub Protect subscription.

Correct but, I cannot see the current backups on the C-8 Pro it only shows the year ago migration backups.
C-8 Pro

C-8

Can you show a screenshot resulting from clicking the Migrate Hub button in Settings on the C-8 Pro?

And I assume you have tried rebooting the C-8 Pro and doing a reload on the migration backups screen?

Yes I have. It is like the hub protect did not transfer last year from the c-7 to the c-8.

And you have EXACTLY followed the migration steps?

Your screenshot above shows that it did transfer. The fact that the C-8 can create cloud backups is verification, too.

Yes step 6 is not showing the current backups only the one from a year ago.

Ok, then I am baffled. As they say, it worked for me. @bobbyD will need to examine your entitlements on your hubs. I suggest turning in a warranty support case.

1 Like

Thank you for helping.

1 Like

Just to rule things out - you tried this on the C8-Pro?

And you updated the C8-Pro to the current release as well?

2 Likes

^^^ @tmcdonald based on the screenshots you've shared, everything looks good on the Hub Protect side. Please make sure C-8 Pro is running the latest version.

1 Like