C-8 Pro

Ah shite.

I have no reason at all. But christ, that's tempting.

1 Like

You tell your wife?

mine would kill me

2 Likes

Just for info for the UK peeps out there.
Vesternet are offering the C8-pro for a princely some of.......................... Ā£219.00. Wow!!!! Oh, and shipping is calculated at checkout.

Could it be cheaper to get it direct from the US? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Im Out GIF by BBC

3 Likes

Me too, I'm out.
Although, I am tempted @Ā£165, inc carriage, at Hubitat website, but can't justify it as I have a C8 and C7.
Also, I wish I could pay in dollars instead of GB sterling like before using my Revolut card.

1 Like

What about us bald guys? (Don't answer that :rofl:)

2 Likes

i cannot answer that i'll get flagged again...

sorry about your coffee danabw... send me the cleaning bill..

1 Like

It doesent add what I really want; Bluetooth. And for me the problem with Hubitat is the lack of support for some european brands that I use that Homey supports and not the lack of RAM or CPU.
So Iā€™m saving my money until my budget allows me to buy the Homey pro. Until then Iā€™ll stick to my C7.

This is exactly what I was waiting for. The C7/C8 just didn't provide me any compelling need to upgrade. But THIS is exactly what I've been wanting (except no POE?)

1 Like

Have you asked @kkossev if he'll ever be interested in adding drivers for them? He's enabled many devices since he joined us and might be able to be persuaded if asked nicely to take a look at the stuff you'd like to use that isn't supported. He's a busy guy, but... :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Both Z-wave and zigbee.
Neither would add. I could see the new device but couldnā€™t finish the inclusion

1 Like

If u could see it that is another issue. Try after a reboot.

No I havent. A good idea :+1: but he can only add support for a couple of things Iā€™m afraid as long as he cant add support for Bluetooth.

Itā€™s also the fact that Homey is avaliable in most of the native languages in Europe and have a much more user friendly UI wich are two important factors for me.

I have seen this complaint before, but it seems no hub owner seems to be the one who wants to help make a difference.

I don't think Hubitat has staff in Europe. Hubitat probably don't know what is popular or available in Europe. They typically don't write drivers for devices they haven't tested. They never put devices they haven't tested on the compatibility list. It is very important that Hubitat have devices in their hands.

I think if people really want devices supported, they need to work with Hubitat developers to make them aware of what devices need drivers, and even possibly loan or send Hubitat devices to test and build drivers. It might even be tough for us in the USA to purchase devices first hand, but if someone from Euro region were to purchase these and send them "used" to Hubitat, it might make the whole process quicker and easier.

Users also should encourage device manufacturers to reach out and work with Hubitat, to send sample devices. If many people reach out to a company it might make them take Hubitat seriously. These companies might not listen to Hubitat being one small voice, even if Hubitat knew what companies to even reach out to in the first place.

Maybe this stuff is being done via PM, but it seems to be extremely rare (if ever) for someone to post something like "Hey Mike, can I send you a radiator valve to test?".

1 Like

Surely Iā€™m not the only one that finally got a C-8 for Christmas (on Black Friday) and hasnā€™t taken the time to even unbox it yetā€¦ I wonder how generous the return policy is :thinking:

1 Like

Only if I can play games on it.

If I could write code I would write the drivers needed but sadly I cant. (I tried to make ChatGpt do it for me butā€¦)

Yeah, Iā€™ve reached out to Hubitat but they cant do anything about it as they dont have access to the devices for testing, and none of the brands Iā€™ve tried to convince to reach out to Hubitat have shown any interest in doing so. Hubitat isnt big enough in Europe to make it worth the effort for them I think.

We have several EU specific manufacturers that send us samples for integration. So I wouldnā€™t say the market is too small.
The best thing customers can do is continue to press themā€¦

7 Likes

If the C8-Pro is the same A53 CPU cores, just clocked a little higher, I'd be very disappointed. Those are 12 year old design. Clocking them at 1.5GHz or 2GHz doesn't matter all that much, they're still slow.

Now, if it's 2GB of RAM and an upgraded core, such as an A76 core, then it would be well worth an upgrade.

Otherwise it's just 2X the RAM and like 1.2x the CPU power which would be barely noticeable. I sometimes run low on RAM, but what I need more is a LOT better CPU power, not just a slight clock bump.

4 Likes

Looks like it.