[C-7] Zwave radio suddenly stop working after zwave radio firmware update

Please see my message.

1 Like

Is that all your Z-Wave devices?

Do you have any Z-wave battery powered devices, like a thermostat?

Only have 1 battery powered trisensor Aeotec and 3 yale locks. The rest are aeotec light switches spread across the house.

Turn off power reporting on them, that may be overwhelming your mesh

3 Likes

Bobbyd suggested the same thing.

How do I reduce the power reporting? Most of the zwave are light switches. Do you mean the device preference : Meter Reporting Interval ?

2 Likes

yes.. Turn it all off. Too much power reporting will crash it everytime

4 Likes

To add to the above, this document contains some examples of the preferences you might be looking for:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Troubleshoot_Z-Wave#Power_metering.2C_energy_monitoring.2C_etc.

As noted, this will vary by device (and I'm not familiar with your specific device), but those are a couple examples. The rest of that document might be helpful, too, but it seems like this particular issue is most likely to be of concern for your network. Good luck!

5 Likes

What driver are your switches using?

All relevant Aoetec drivers from Hubitat.

All, thank you for all your suggestion.
Thanks @bobbyD for hub troubleshooting.

@dJOS suggested rebooting the power breakers for the light switch because I could have a very brief power outage. I have done that and now the zwave devices are stable, they don't drop after a few hours.

I hope this solution can assist anyone with similar issue in the future, because I trolled the forum before I created this topic.

Cheers everyone

8 Likes

:+1: :+1:

Glad that's resolved!

1 Like