C-7 Zigbee behavior on 2.3.5.105

Are you seeing the stagnant child table behavior on C-7? I can't imagine how/why that is happening.

Actually I've tried joining the beta program before, never got accepted :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is my ChildAndRouteInfo on the main hub (C-7):

Summary

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [networkId=0, childCount=8, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=FFFF]

Child Data
child:[Sensor KrisiRoom Window Contact, A856, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[null, 5D9D, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Button Xiaomi Bedside Krisi Room, 2DBC, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Contact Sensor Bathroom Door Aqara, D2E9, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Sensor Bedroom Door, 3DE4, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Sensor Motion Aqara Krisi Room, F18A, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
child:[Button My Room, 8831, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]
No information for Child 7

Neighbor Table Entry
[TS011F (Krisi Room), 07CA], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Power Plug Ikea TRADFRI , 0F69], LQI:250, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Power Plug OSRAM 01, 0FB8], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:7
[TS011F Lelki (AC LivingRoom), 288D], LQI:253, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:1
[TS011F Wall Socket (LELLKI) My Room, 379E], LQI:255, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[TS0121 MyRoom, 4C5B], LQI:251, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:3
[Radar Tuya _TZE200_ztc6ggyl LivingRoom, 84B7], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[IKEA TRADFRI Signal Repeater, 8DB4], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Toster, B4B8], LQI:250, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:3
[TS0207 Tuya Zigbee Repeater, C32E], LQI:254, age:4, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Switch Sonoff LivingRoom , F188], LQI:249, age:4, inCost:3, outCost:1
[Bulb Philips Hue LCT007, FF12], LQI:241, age:4, inCost:5, outCost:1

Route Table Entry
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Sensor Bedroom Right Window Contact , 05E2] via [TS0121 MyRoom, 4C5B]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Sensor LivingRoom Left Window Contact , 81F3] via [Radar Tuya _TZE200_ztc6ggyl LivingRoom, 84B7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Sensor Motion My Room (lumi), 4572] via [TS011F Wall Socket (LELLKI) My Room, 379E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Switch Sonoff LivingRoom , F188] via [Radar Tuya _TZE200_ztc6ggyl LivingRoom, 84B7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Sensor Vibration Aqara 1, 3091] via [TS0207 Tuya Zigbee Repeater, C32E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [TS0207 Tuya Zigbee Repeater, C32E] via [Radar Tuya _TZE200_ztc6ggyl LivingRoom, 84B7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Button Philips Hue Dimmer 2 Livingroom, D800] via [TS0207 Tuya Zigbee Repeater, C32E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Toster, B4B8] via [TS011F (Krisi Room), 07CA]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Button TS004F Bedside Living Room, EDE2] via [TS0207 Tuya Zigbee Repeater, C32E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Button TS0044, 17D9] via [TS0121 MyRoom, 4C5B]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Button Philips Hue Dimmer Livingroom, 8397] via [Radar Tuya _TZE200_ztc6ggyl LivingRoom, 84B7]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Button Sonoff SNZB-01, 8CA3] via [TS0207 Tuya Zigbee Repeater, C32E]
status:Active, age:64, routeRecordState:0, concentratorType:None, [Power Plug OSRAM 01, 0FB8] via [TS011F Wall Socket (LELLKI) My Room, 379E]

Please be sure to submit your request by joining the Beta group. It doesn't look like you have requested access or if you did, your hub id may have been missing.

https://community.hubitat.com/g/Beta

3 Likes

Ok, you'd be able to easily tell if one of your devices exited the child table (or should have, and didn't). The seemingly non-volatile behavior of the child table (I only see this on the C-7 now) would be obvious after a shutdown/reboot. I'd guess that this is one of the things that has been changed in the firmware you're using.

Ok; I had done this a couple of times before (once when I just owned a C-3, and again when I got a C-7 years ago). Will give it another go.

3 Likes

Please do, Tony, we need your sharp eyes on stuff that is happening in the beta releases!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just did it for the C-7.... wow that process has been simplified. Before I recall having to fill out a questionnaire. If I had known it was that easy now I would have been more persistent.

3 Likes

Great to have you in the beta, thanks for diving into this stuff.

FWIW, you can also get your C-8 added and decide when you want to put beta releases on it as well. Bobby's happy to add multiple hubs from us into the beta program. [As he shamelessly nudges Tony towards the "send" button... :wink: )

1 Like

Thanks! I tried the same link, entering the UID of my C-8; it says 'already requested membership'. Must be another link separate for C-8 beta?

1 Like

I think there's only one link. @bobbyD can sort it out...maybe just PM him your C-8 UID.

1 Like

No, is not, I saw it coming through. Please give me 15 min, will get to it shortly.

4 Likes

No problem; also just submitted C-3.

2 Likes

Superstah!

2 Likes

Did you mean C-7? I enrolled your C-8, but don't see a C-3, just a C-7 beside your C-8. Send me a private message with the C-3's id.

1 Like

Yes, C-3; just did that.

I freaking knew it !!! Thank you discovering this. I had the same issue when I did a dual channel swap between C4<->C7 and for months after I had major issues pairing devices without shutting down the "other" hub. Below from March 2022

3 Likes

Interesting; the join protocol is pretty complicated.

As an aside, re-reading the note you posted I've since convinced myself that the reason I couldn't get that GE plug to pair on channel 18 is that it was using only the 'preferred channel mask' (per the Zigbee HA 1.2 spec) channels 11,14,15,19,20,24 and 25 on its initial scan during a join after reset; once joined its perfectly capable of doing a channel change 'on the fly' by scanning all standard Zigbee channels (just my luck I picked 18 when I set up my C-3). I suspect that's why that GE branded model (45852, purchased in 2019) was quickly replaced by another that appears otherwise identical.

The channel change process is actually quick and usually goes off without a hitch. in moving that old plug around testing C-3, C-7, and C-8 I swapped channels on my Zigbee network about 6 times yesterday. Even on the C-3 with 70+ devices, they all followed channel changes flawlessly within a minute or so (only two failed to properly change during one of the swaps, both just required a battery pull/reinsert, no reset required).

1 Like

Thanks, Did any of your channel changes prompt a PAN ID change as well?

No.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.