C-7 Z-Wave Repair with 2.2.3

Correct

Ok.. Obviously repair is still a bit touchy .. We are working on updates to this process.. But.. Repair should not be necessary on ZW+ devices on C-7.. The network will get sorted out after a bit of it having to resort to explorer frames. Repair is only really necessary at this point for legacy devices..

Too bad you can't do "targeted repairs" only on non-plus devices. Make it a feature and call it "Rapid Repair". :wink:

1 Like

+1

@JasonJoel Big changes coming to repair.. stay tuned..

5 Likes

Ok, but if you call it "Rapid Repair" I want my royalty checks monthly - none of those small weekly checks.

7 Likes

Yep, I get it. Actually 2 of the 4 devices are legacy (non-Plus; no explorer frames; multiple Z-Wave repairs aren't unusual in that scenario). But since the initial power cycle after updating, it has been behaving well.

2 Likes

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this.

I need help getting rid of orphaned devices from failed joins
Any links

1 Like

@bcopeland What causes the Busy message? I continued with the build out, but now I have the Busy messages starting as soon as I boot the hub. Z-Wave details just hangs waiting for refresh.

Any suggestions?

The excessive busy message issue is being worked on.

1 Like

Any update on the busy messages. I had to rollback to 2.2.2 and reset the zwave and redo all the devices yo resolve it. I. Now afraid to upgrade again. If I do upgrade do I have to upgrade the zwave radio firmware again as well. Or is that not rolled back. Thanks.so far I have half my devices added 54 devices:

8 are zigbee
5 at Philips hue
1 is tplink wifi
4 are virtual switches
29 zwave
1 phone device
1 notification
1 weather tile
1 Honeywell tcc

I am having the same issue with the busy messages. I have tried shutdown and safe mode. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of the busy messages and I can't control anything z-wave.

Is there anything else to try?

If I rollback, will it keep the new devices that have been added since the upgrade to 2.2.3.118?

They're working hard on the Busy message issue. I would wait a day or two if you can to see if a fix comes.

1 Like

for me. i had to restore to earlier firmware.. then do a complete zwave reset by typing in "reset" then re-add all zwave devices. Just rollback was not enough.... still had had the messages and slow perform/ or totally dead..

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.