C-7 with 2.2.3.135 All z-Wave Devices go Not Responding

I had major upgrade issues with z-Wave and 2.2.3.135. At first everything looks good then about 30mins everything dies. All z-wave device show not responding. Beware of release.

An unforunately well known problem in the forums, 2.2.3.135 and several recent FW releases have had significant Z-Wave issues.

HE is working actively on a fix. Best bet for now is to roll back to your previous FW and wait for a FW release expected this coming week with fixes for some of the significant Z-Wave issues in the current FW.

3 Likes

I get some devices showing not responding in the zwave device list on my C7, but they still work just fine.

On the device page "not responding" or "failed" doesn't mean it's not working. If you have a battery device it will tend to not report until it needs to so the Hub may respond with a status like that. It's confusing to me too but that's per the Z-Wave spec apparently.. Note: I got that info from another thread.. so ymmv.

1 Like

I have a couple of Mains Powered devices that show as "Failed" but are still working just fine - Im sure it's just teething troubles with the new C7 radio.

1 Like

Roll back to firmware 119. You'll be fine

1 Like

Is that advisable for C7 owners?

I have a C7 and went back to 119. All my problems went away.

2 Likes

Yes, for a number of folks it has been a "safe place" while waiting for the upcoming FW release, expected this week.

You can still have issues adding devices, but for existing devices it generally has been very stable.

3 Likes

I just now got my last 2 Z-wave devices added without any issues so I'll stay put for now.

1 Like

You gotta know when to hold... :wink:

2 Likes

Grab this...just released. :slight_smile:

3 Likes