C-7 stuck during shutdown

I tried to do a clean shutdown of my C7 and the light stays blue... it never turned to red. Is this normal? If not, what should I do about it?

I ended up pulling the plug, and it rebooted fine... but @bobbyD if this is the way the LED lights are expected to behave, it should be documented somewhere.

That is unusual. Any chance that you've missed the pop-up window asking if you are sure you want to shut down?

1 Like

I have encountered this a few times more than a year ago. The LED goes from green to blue. When I’ve checked, the IP address doesn’t respond to pings (or even arping), so assuming that Linux is no longer running, I have disconnected power, and it has rebooted fine later.

Only happened on my C-5. And hasn’t happened for a very long time.

This was when I had zwave issues, so fixing them took precedent over LED color :grinning:

1 Like

Nope. I clicked OK in that.

EDIT: it changed from green to blue, then stayed blue for over an hour before I pulled the plug.

Funny. That's the same reason I powered my hub down. I wonder if they're related?

1 Like

From what I can see in the logs, the main hub process has shut down correctly. The last thing it does it turning LED blue. The time between that and LED turning red is underlying OS shutting down, and it should take a few seconds at most. Unfortunately, there are no detailed logs showing what happens during that time frame. I'll keep an eye out.

1 Like