C-7 hit by 2.3.8 reboot loop, 15% database update, did everything asked and now Hubitat UI dead, won't reboot

I have 4 hubitats, 1 C-8, 3 C-7's and 1 C-5. Updated to 2.3.8 on all of them and then all of the sudden one of the C-7's started popping up messages about the database being corrupt. Reverted to 2.3.7.140. Did a soft reset with clearing out the logs first...reboot and then C-7 would take forever at 15% updating database. Sent an email to support and was given links to this support site with potential fixes, which I followed. Now, after soft reset, reset of Zigbee and Z-Wave, and running ip/hub/zwaveDebugDisable, the device no longer boots the UI at all, and the support site is still available but running anything that requires a reboot, the Hub is rebooting window appears and runs indefinitely without actually rebooting the hub. It just spins. I can of course still access the support page even when it says it is supposed to be rebooting, so it appears that the hub just isn't working any more.

Device appears to be bricked.

Even though I have deregistered the hub, I cannot run a full reset because the hub says I have an active subscription.

I think because the main platform cannot boot it is not recognizing the de-registration. The other case where all the other steps did not work they got stuck in the same spot as you. @bobbyD needs to do something on their side so that you can do the full reset. Once that is done he will give you instructions on how to get setup again. He should get back to you tomorrow.

Hopefully your subscription is Hub Protect with the cloud backups? If so then once you are reset you can restore from a cloud backup.

1 Like

Don't need to worry about cloud backup on this one, I have moved everything on this hub off to another hub, and the plan is to use this one like another C-7 and the C-5 to run automations via hub-mesh (which is by far the biggest selling point, especially for older hubitats) for me. I can use the C-8 and one of the C-7's to do Zigbee and Z-Wave, and then just use the others to do the web stuff/access weather/run automations...

Even with this hiccup, you guys made a really awesome system.

1 Like

Ok in that case, if you already had anything setup on it, have you downloaded your local backups from the Diagnostic tool? I would go in there and download every local backup that's in there so you can preserve them to restore back to once reset. If you just want to start with a clean hub anyway then you dont need them.

Also, I am not staff, I just spend too much time on here. Volunteer helper I suppose.

3 Likes

Ok in that case, if you already had anything setup on it, have you downloaded your local backups from the Diagnostic tool?

I have. Everything should be backed up.

1 Like