C-7 Driver Issues

After 3 weeks and 174 devices and more reboots than I care to think, I believe i'll delete it and throw it out. It is the final device... now for dashboards and automations...

1 Like

Send it to me, bet it works here. :slight_smile:

(Better to send it to @bcopeland sending to me was intended as a joke. :slight_smile: )

Sure the battery is good? Have you tried powering it from the USB port and near the Hub?

Are you using the latest Platform?? Because the Aeon Recessed Door Sensor had the identical problem, fixed in .142

I have the Recessed ones and was able to assist in that.. I don't have these. If you're joining it and using the Generic Zwave Contact Sensor, you should verify you're on the release that has the fix.

Yes to all three. I going to ask Aeotec if there is newer firmware.

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 12.16.34 PM

1 Like

there seems to be some issue with the new GE Enbrighten 14282 outlet (https://smile.amazon.com/GE-Enbrighten-Controlled-SmartThings-14282/dp/B01M1NOZJU?sa-no-redirect=1 )

When I added it to the hub it paired fine, but it thought it was a "Generic Z-Wave Smart Switch" and even when i changed it to "generic Z-wave Outlet" it still presents me with the paddle function preference.

Also, the "Turn on Indicator" preference is backwards: when i select "when On" the indicator turns on when the outlet is off and vice versa.

Copying @JasonJoel, as he's released drivers for some of the Enbrighten devices, he may have some suggestions on the outlet.

2 Likes

I have a couple of the 14280 dimmers, but none of the switches.

Mine are buried behind cabinets, so I'm not sure if the lights work as specified or backwards.

Might need a custom driver to work "100%". If there is a need I can add it to the list - would be a simple one. The ones where the 2 outlets are independently controllable (like the 28175) would be a bit more work to do without the device, but the ones where they both operate together are easy.

1 Like

I've got a plug-dimmer with USB and two independently controllable outlets. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sense a volunteer nearby... :wink:

1 Like

Regarding the Aeotec door/window sensor 6, Aeotec support thinks it is an issue with the hubitat, it turns out I have 4 others that don't have an open/closed field.

I have a monoprice 4-in 1 sensor that is having issues. With both the built in Zooz 4-in-1 and a custom driver, it seems that the WakeUpNotification message is not being delivered to the driver code.
This device paired with S0.
I have a couple more of these i will try today to rule out issue with this device.

Edit: Same behavior with another 4-in-1 I tried (also monoprice). When i press the button it does wakeup (i can send commands and get responses), I just don't see the wakeup notification message.

Edit2: After spending some time restarting (shutdown+wait+power up) the hub and using zwave details to refresh or (re)include, both devices new appear to be functioning as expected. I suspect there is some bug in the Zooz 4-in-1 Driver (perhaps specific to these monoprice devices) that causes the inclusion process to sometimes leave the devices or network in a bad state. I have another device that is zooz 4-in-1 V2.0 that I have on my list to add in the next few days.

I am also experiencing this with all my devices, I think there must be some sort of issue with the S2 / Secure Paring and the WakeUpNotification events with the C7.
In my own drivers I have traced all the messages and up till now have not been able to receive a WakeUpNotification report.

Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening with the Aeon device?

Did you turn in a support ticket?

no, I wanted to be sure it wasn't a dumb guy move first... I'll do it today.

You are using the Generic Z-Wave contact sensor driver with those? You say you have 4 others that don’t show status. Does that mean all of your Aeotec door/window sensor 6 devices don’t show status, or just some of them?

I've had really good luck with the Gen 2 ones from Ring.

What are other Gen2 Ring products are worth getting to be used with Hubitat?