C-7 Driver Issues

Any updates if this is going to get fixed in the next version?

For anyone still suffering with this bug, today I just got tired of waiting for the eventual fix and made myself a workaround...

I created fake a driver that simply added the child device (Aeotec Siren 6 Component Chime) to my existing device, executed the command AddChime..
Then switch back to the original device driver and we are back to business :slight_smile:

Now the device is discovered and working as expected:

4 Likes

Two issues found investigating this:

1. The issue with the monoprice z-wave plus motion/temperature sensor (15271) appears to be that the "Generic Z-Wave Motion/Temperature Sensor" is ignoring the motion notification event:
NotificationReport(v1AlarmType:7, v1AlarmLevel:255, reserved:0, notificationStatus:255, notificationType:7, event:8, sequence:false, eventParametersLength:0, eventParameter:[])
  1. Changing the driver to the "Generic Z-Wave Motion Sensor" allows motion detection to work (but it doesn't appear to handle temp or tamper); in fact, this one seems to register tamper alert correctly, but thinks tamper clear notification is motion inactive:
Dining motion is inactive
NotificationReport(v1AlarmType:7, v1AlarmLevel:0, reserved:0, notificationStatus:255, notificationType:7, event:0, sequence:false, eventParametersLength:1, eventParameter:[3])
1 Like

Please turn in a support ticket (email support@hubitat.com) so that these issues get investigated and corrected.

1 Like

Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor 7 has anyone got this to work with the C-7 Hub? I cannot get this to work but it works good on a C-5 hub? is there something that I'm missing?

Yes, the built-in consolidated Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 Series driver (the driver to use now that the working, older, Aeotec Recessed Door Sensor 7 driver was Deprecated and removed as a choice) is buggy.

Support has replied that a fix is expected in the next release.

Addressing your particular question, whether anyone has gotten it working on C-7? I have 3 of them, mostly working, well enough for use.

Exactly what issues are you having? Pairing? Setting parameters (preferences)? Operation?

Let us know a bit, and perhaps we can help.

Perhaps this post of mine in another thread will help, particularly the next-to-last paragraph:

Hey thanks for the reply as I have never got this to work. I have excluded and included several times over the past few month and have use the Z-wave generic driver as well and no luck. I only get the battery on the device page. I have read all the post on the C-7 issued and have try them with no luck? Hopefully the next Hub firmware will take care of this?

I paired a new Aeotec Recessed door 7 a couple of days ago. Paired with no security and is working fine. Might consider doing the shutdown / pull plug / wait 15-30 secs / put plug back in and try again. I realize you've probably been doing this and many other things over and over like I have - but it works on my C-7. I also added a bunch of repeaters before I started pairing any other devices.

1 Like

My Aeotec recessed door sensor 5 however did not pair well with the C-7. Was forced into S0 mode and was not responsive. Was getting pretty much just a 100% battery report kind of like what you are seeing. Was able to pair it unauthenticated using a Z-Stick as a secondary controller and using the Z-Wave PC Controller sw.

Hey thanks for the info. I have a Aerotec Z-stick and just order the plus today and will be here friday and I will do as you suggest. Thanks again.

1 Like

So a word of caution - I am not sure you can pair an S2 device via the secondary controller. I tried doing that and it did not work - got a ghost device. I think Bryan mentioned it had something to do with the secondary controller not being able to pass credentials or something.. Pre-S2 devices (like the Aeotec 5) work fine as long as HE recognizes the device.

1 Like

@erktrek thanks for the info. I thinking about buying another C-7 to be a test hub, but was waiting till the bugs were fix.

1 Like

I went a little crazy and replaced C-5 with a C-7 on one of my recent projects still in progress. Felt the timing and risk was worth it though as it's helping me come up with a basic home automation "package" along with proper installation and troubleshooting procedures. Trial by fire as they say.

:wink:

If it is a "test hub" then there is no reason to wait, is there? Test hubs will get broken by definition, thus the "testing". :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am getting this too. C-5 though. Device does not work at all.

1 Like

that is why it keeps teling you there are pending changes.. it not getting through to update the device.. recommend you exlude it and pair it agian.

1 Like

I already did exclude and repair again. :grinning: (I did it an hour ago). I asked about this here, a week ago, but didnt get any answer.

did you pair it right next to hub.. or is it a in wall switch.. also what does the zwave device page show about it regarding in out, etc. also not saying if you paired it with or without security.. not really enough info to go on.

need info like this.

Sorry, as mentioned, this hub is a C-5. I dont have a C-7. (I do have a C-4). paired right next to hub.

Yeah I recently posted some issues as well . it happens (also thankyou @dennypage for responding!!). Things tend to get buried quickly these days..

So for your Aeotec Smart Switch 6 - on the C-7 with my recessed door sensor 6 I found I was forced to pair it S0 which failed - I mean it paired but was not responsive so I took my Z-Stick and paired the sensor to the HE. This actually worked out great... I am not sure if this would be the same for the C-5 but if you have a Z-Stick or equivalent you might want to give it a shot.

edit: you pair the Z-stick with the hub as a secondary controller by using the Z-Wave PC Controller Software from SiLabs. Then you include your problematic device via the software. It should then show up in HE... NOTE: this does NOT work for S2 devices as I found out.

1 Like