Buying Hubitat from Brazil

Good evening friends, I live in Alagoas and I am looking to buy a Hubitat. Currently my entire automation is based on Smartthings, however, I am wanting to switch to Hubitat, but I am having difficulties in acquiring the HUB. I would like a tip from you, I am looking to buy on the site, do they deliver here?

Welcome Jorge!

Yes, we do ship to Brazil. You can purchase at hubitat.com/products.

1 Like

Salve @jorgespneto!

Welcome to our Hubitat community! I can assure you, you won’t regret this decision.

Since our country is as it is (between us ...) I strongly suggest you buy the American Z-Wave version of the Hubitat Elevation hub.

You’ll easily find here in Brazil more hardware for the American Z-Wave frequency than for our specific one. Is it legal use the American frequency here? My lawyer prohibited me to say something about it ...

To help you to make your own decision (lawyers ...), check the list of countries and respective Z-Wave frequencies here.

Good luck and, again, welcome!

Marco

Thank you very much for the quick response, you encouraged me to make my decision, I am going to buy the hub on the website tonight so that it will be delivered as soon as possible. Is there a 10% coupon valid for me to make the purchase ???

The hub's Z-Wave frequency can be set in the user interface for Model C-7. So purchase the version that has the right power supply for Brazil. You can change the frequency easily, but not the power supply!

1 Like

Boa noite Marco !!!!

Good news to know that there are other people in Brazil with Hubitat. I was really thinking about buying the American version.
Sei muito bem como as coisas são aqui no Brasil hehehehe, espero que não tenha problema na chegada do produto até minha casa. O seu você comprou direto no site e foi tranquilo a chegada do produto ?

Good to know ! Here in my state the power supply is 220V, so which version should I buy?

Which style of plug? 2 round pins like Europe, 3 pins like UK, 2 flat pins like US? All power supplies work with 220v.

2 round pins like Europe here.
So i can Buy the Europe version and change the ZWave frequency right ??
That is really good, so much better than Smartthings

Yes, that is easy. Get Europe version, then under Settings / Z-Wave Info is the place to change the region to US.

Thank you very much for your big help once again. Just one more question, is there a 10% coupon available please :pray:

Hubitat purchased! Now just look forward to his arrival hehehe. I asked for DHL Express, come quickly. I manage on WhatsApp a Smartthings group with 210 members, I already intend to make a group to Hubitat Brasil

Hi, I'm also from Brazil, Jorge's friend, we talked about Hubitat all day today. I'd also like to receive a coupon to buy mine. That way you would be helping the Hubitat community in Brazil start growing. Please send me one too!!! :pray:

1 Like

This is great! I must confess that I did not read the C-7 specs - out of pure jealousy, since I have two brand new C-5 with European Z-Wave radios. Nonetheless, this Z-Wave frequency flexibility is awesome. Congrats to Hubitat on this great feature!

About the power plug - just for illustration - currently we have in Brazil this standard for grounded outlets:

And for non grounded, this one:

That is compatible with the two pins European model, specially if we use our 20A rated outlet. The European plug can be used with out 10A rated outlet too, but it fits a little tight. And, of course, can be used with the Brazilian grounded outlet.

There is more ... up to the introduction of the current outlets/plugs standard, we use a mix of ... everything. So, we developed something like this:

It's a true Frankenstein plug - one that fits all - or almost all. Americans (two flat and two flat + ground), European (two pins), Brazilian (two or three pins) ... It's a beauty, isn't it? :crazy_face:

1 Like

@jorgespneto, don´t forget to invite me to join the Hubitat Brasil group !!!!

@maffpt , do you think that this Brazil Socket can be used in Europe?

(of course, the European standard wall box will not fit, so some drilling/construction work will be needed)

Which function of this wall socket do you intend to use?

I believe that the following Zemismart plug could be used instead - not "elegant" but does not need drilling/construction:

Also, depending on the European country the wall socket changes ... kind of a mess.

Check this for the specific country:

https://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/world-electricity-guide.html

1 Like