Button Controller with Matter Bulb, Bulb state not reflected in condition

Decided to give the Nanoleaf bulbs another shot.

I have a button in the office that I use to turn the bulb on or off outside of RL rule hours.

It's pretty straightforward: If the light is off, turn it on. If it's on, turn it off.
Similar for raising/lowering the dimmer.

Unfortunately the switch state of the Nanoleaf bulb is not being picked up.

In the attached image, Office Light M was actually On when I took the screenshot, but the condition thinks it's off.

Button 1 Pushed does works if the bulb is turned off via the Device page, but the Button 2 Pushed logic doesn't work because the On state is not getting reflected.

Does "Current States" on the device detail page for this bulb update as expected? That's all Button Controller is doing, reading the same information there (and not on real time unless something changed in 2.3.7, only on page load). If that's not right, no app--Button Controller or otherwise--will be, either.

If that's the problem, try running "Configure" on the bulb as a possible fix. And, of course, make sure it's actually responsive; some people have noted these devices as "falling off" Matter, with scene activation from the Nanileaf app being one suspected cause (and something I'd hope they can fix).

Yes, the various state items update right away when I switch the bulb on or off.

Current States

• colorMode : CT
  • colorName : Horizon
  • colorTemperature : 4000
  • hue : 0
  • level : 100
  • saturation : 0
  • switch : on

This particular bulb was exiled for several weeks and was offline.

I removed all of the bulbs from the Nanoleaf app today, reset them all, and added them to Alexa.

Only Alexa and Hubitat have access to the bulbs.

Edit: It's not just the button controller.
I have a motion triggered Room Lighting rule that also references the Office Light M, it's also not acting right.

Try a reboot with the "rebuild database on reboot" option (to effectively do a soft reset and restore).

Also enable all logging for both apps and see what the output of Logs is.

I just rebooted Hubitat but it didn't fix it.

Rebooted the Echo 4, that didn't fix it.

Did the Matter disable/enable dance in Hubitat, and it's working now.

Fun stuff...

The suggestion was a database rebuild, not just a reboot, the idea being this might cure corruption if it was your cause (little evidence but can't hurt).

I suspect something besides the Matter dance was the cause; if the device was generating events, apps have no idea what the underlying protol is or really any other details that the driver abstracts away.

But glad it's working in any case!

I had rebooted before you had posted about the rebuild option.

I'll try that next time.