Button Controller slow UI in some areas

@bravenel Was the Button controller GUI speed addressed in these versions mentioned above? I am using 2.3.8 right now on a C8 Pro and it is still slow. Let me qualify. The same action I perform in Rule Machine that I do in Button Controller - such as selecting a row to copy - takes much longer. I am editing a button right now - click on the select box - takes 10 seconds for the check mark to appear. I can provide plenty of other examples of this. Or do you think there is something else going on here? Thanks.

Considering that you've posted on a topic that's 2 years old, there's really nothing that can be said about this. You'd have to provide more information to have anything to go on. What do you mean by "selecting a row to copy"? I'm not aware of any UI speed issues with Button Controller. Considering that Button Controller has multiple levels of UI, please provide a screenshot of what you're talking about.

I wasn't the original poster - I have never posted on this topic before (that I know about). Understandable mistake as I attempted to keep it in a relevant thread vs. starting a new one.

This happens when editing (selecting actions) for all buttons. It does not happen when I edit actions in Rule Machine. It seems like most actions are taking ~10 seconds.

For the example above I am clicking on the select box in the paste column. 10 Seconds. Click the Copy button. 10 Seconds. Click the Paste button. 10 Seconds. Click the line of the rule to edit. 10 seconds.

When I am done editing something it freezes for about 10 seconds before returning to the Select Actions screen. Here is an example.

Hope that makes it clearer?

Yeah, Button Controller UI is slower there than RM. In RM the action definitions are one page deeper in the UI than in Button Controller. There evidently is a good bit of refresh overhead on the main Button Rule page. I'm looking into pushing it down like in RM and initial testing shows that it's snappy fast when on its own page.

2 Likes

Thank you for addressing this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.