Button Controller Pico use held

I have several Lutron Pico Buttons in use for years and just added another Pico button but the button controller defaults to the "Pico fast" driver. How do I add a button controller that uses the standard driver so I get the "use held" functions?

Platform version
Hardware version
C-8 Pro

Thanks, John

Button Controller is an app that lets you use devices you've already added. That's not where you want to make this change, though it is where you'll see changes in a device reflected in terms of what capabilities you can use in this app.

What you want to do is change the device. If you haven't added it to any apps yet, an easy thing to is remove the device and then re-add it via the Lutron Integrator app. In your case, be sure to choose "Pico" instead of "Fast Pico" (or with the text-based setup list, p instead of q as the type) -- the opposite of what you must have done the first time. You should also just be able to change the driver (shows as "Type") on the device detail page, though I'd change it in the Lutron integration app too so everything matches and there's less confusion in the future.

You are one major release behind and at least one hotfix behind even for that major version; if you don't have a specific reason not to, I'd also suggest updating to the latest 2.3.8 release via Settings > Check for Updates in order to have the latest features and bug fixes. This is completely unrelated to your question (and won't affect anything about the answer), just something I noticed in your post.

1 Like

Ok. That was it. All my picos were set to "q" from 5 years ago but the button controller software at that time allowed you to set a switch "use held" and it would work. Adding the new Pico I copied the line above with the "q" thinking it was correct.
Solved by correcting the type in the lutron integration app and re-adding the Pico. Thanks again.
John
Btw, the reason I haven't updated the version is because I have been using the app to do changes for a long time and doing this was not making a local backup automatically. Of coarse my C4 bit the dust and my last backup was 2 years old so now if I do a platform update I am going to make sure I back it up on my laptop. Live and learn. I just bought remote access and if they offered the bundle for hub protect I would have bought it. Plan to update soon.

1 Like

As far as I know the hub protect and remote access bundle is currently available. Not sure what you meant by above?

They do have a bundle

I know that now. At the time I bought remote access I must have missed it.
Thanks

You might be able to convert to a bundle. You could send a PM to @bobbyD and ask him if there are any options in that area.

Not at the moment, but we are working on enabling that feature. Also, we will make sure that others don't miss the opportunity to sign up for the bundle as @jd1 .

Thanks for your feedback @jd1

1 Like