Button Controller (5.1) Error

Hello, when I am in Button Controller 5.1 and try to add Pause/Resume Rules

I get the following error.

After this error, I can not get back in to edit the rule.

I tried the same thing and it worked for me:

Do you have other button rules - can you uninstall and re-install the button controller app?

I do have many other Button rules, but they are all 3.1.

If I uninstall and reinstall, will my other button rules be saved?

First thing - Make a backup of hour hub before this in case it doesnā€™t run. Have you done restores in the past? In case it doesnā€™t work, I donā€™t want you to lose your rules!

I didnā€™t use the previous version of Button Rules, so canā€™t say for sure. If they are all part of the same ā€œParentā€ app, then removing it will also remove all your current buttons, so I would not recommend removing it.

If your rules 5.1 are under a different parent app, then that app can be removed and re-installed without impacting other parent apps. Am I making sense?

Yes you are making sense, however, unfortunately, they are all under the same parent app.

Also, I just tested with ALL other menu options and the only one that throws back this error is Pause/Resume Rules.

everything else functions as expected.

1 Like

I have reported this to the support and I got a reply on the 11/11 that they will fix it with the next update.

1 Like

Ahh ok, so it's not just me then?

I hope the fix will come soon though because I have some ā€œbrokenā€ rules now because of that I canā€™t use the pause/resume.

1 Like

Known bug. Fix coming in 2.3.0, now in beta.

2 Likes

What kind of rules are you referring to? Specific app name? Button Rule 5.1 rules don't have Pause/Resume.

I have buttons that pause/resume RM rules. Those rules arenā€™t that important so I can waite for the update. Otherwise I would have solved it by using RM for example.

Iā€™ll look into it, but I think this is fixed in next release.