Builtin Button Controller, No triple tap for Zen34 remote controller?

hello,

No triple tap for Zen34 remote using Bultin Button Controller.

I am doing something wrong?

The built-in driver, assuming that is what you're using, maxes out at two taps. Hubitat's native button capabilities also max out at "double tapped," so any custom driver you'll use that exposes more taps will use creative numbering or other workaround to provide events for the additional taps.

If you want to use a custom driver, the one Zooz recommends on their site is here: https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/584-how-to-access-advanced-settings-for-my-zen34-remote-switch-on-hubitat/ . I also wrote one, which I don't think I ever posted about but should be pretty straightforward: Hubitat/zooz-zen34-remote.groovy at master · RMoRobert/Hubitat · GitHub .

Okay I get it, I went into the device page and it lists double tab and hold and push, no triple tab.

I will use hold for now

FYI, you won't see "triple tap" or anything with most drivers that do support it, at least not those that use standard button capabilities (which are, at mininum, pushed; and at maximum, pushed, held, released, and doubleTapped -- and any combination in between).

But that works, too!

What are you guys talking about?
I can do a quintuple tap on either button.
Not that I could do so reliably. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is an app I just made.
You use custom attributes and test which button was pushed X times.
It actually works, surprisingly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your driver, from your screenshot, uses custom attributes (and it's a custom driver, not system), so this is what I was talking about in your case:

The workaround in this case being custom attributes. For my driver, also linked to above, it's button number creativity: 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 pushed are taps 1-5 up, while 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 are taps 1-5 down. Hubitat does not natively have a "triple-tappable button" capability, and these are two common methods of dealing with that.

3 Likes

Zooz should come up with an additional button-mapping strategy for their switches like Inovelli does. Inovelli's works really well - example below (disregard my annotations -- this is a screengrab I have leftover on my desktop back from when I was programming my Blues).

I'm really not a fan of the way they did that, though I know that's just a matter of opinion. :slight_smile: I just don't like using events like "held" for things that aren't holds. This is why I do mapping like I described above in my drivers (not just the Zooz ones I linked to but my custom Inovelli drivers I didn't).

1 Like

It’s really up to the driver creator. I think the buttons that both Bert and I use for Zooz is less confusing. I really don’t like the way they are using held for regular buttons presses.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.