Built in Driver for Aeotec AERQ Temp and Humidity Sensors

Any idea of implementing security on them vaporised earlier this year when I ran into a wall of security related issues.

So I have moved the Hubitats to their own vlan and isolated them, and there they sit on the network ‘naughty step’ :slight_smile:

@JasonJoel

Do you have any idea how/where, that you can share,

I could ask for the built in Aeotec AERQ zwave driver to incorporate a Temperature Offset as supported in other built in Temperature Sensor Drivers?

I think adjustable offsets are a good feature for any sensor that does a measurement that could require calibration (temp, humidity are common ones).

I guess @bcopeland or @mike.maxwell would be the ones to get the request to. A number of other in-box drivers have offset ability, so I would guess they would be receptive to adding it at some point.

1 Like

@JasonJoel Thank you.

@bcopeland / @mike.maxwell what is the best way to request this Temp Offset feature be added to the built in Aeotec AERQ sensor.

BTW - this sensors have settled down and are reporting much more reliably now, need to update my post on initial findings

1 Like

You just did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Will help a lot

Any chance the built-in driver's Periodic Report Level could be as low as 5 Minutes? :grin: I am using it with the Bathroom Humidity Fan app, which recommends 5 mins or less.

+1 on a more frequent poll.

Also anyone know how to get access to the dew point reading? Or mould sensor on the aeotec aerq?

Would you not be able to use the Humidity change report function? ie when humidity changes 1% report - the humidity is only really going to change when the room is in use or heating is on in the room.

SO then the threshold of >60% Turn on Extractor Fan.

Just a thought?

I will test it on mine.

1 Like

It is my understanding this is a limit of the firmware on the device. It is a battery saving issue to get the life out it by reducing reporting. Even if it was an option on the driver i dont think it would work. If you really need faster reporting you will likely need a different sensor.

Not sure about the mold sensor, but the dew point is simply some math based on the temp and humidity sensor. You should be able to do that yourself with a rule if needed. I can include for you what I created to do that with RM and a Hub variable if interested.

1 Like

@mavrrick58 that would be awesome if you can. New to all this. Any help would be appreciated.

There you go. Should give you a rough idea how to do it.

MbBathDewPoint is a hub variable.

1 Like

Any word on getting the offsets mentioned earlier. Looking for temp and humidity as my humidity is way off. Almost 15 20 percent.

I'm using the latest updates on my HE, and I'm not seeing the temp/humidity offset features in the built-in driver. Did this get implemented via community driver?