Building automation off of hubitat Hue lux value in iOS Home via Homebridge

Hello,
I have a Philips Hue motion/lux sensor I added into Hubitat and it shows up in my Homebridge.

But this does not show up in my apple home app (other switches from my Homebridge do show up and I'm able to control them).

1. What am I doing wrong?
  2. And once the lux value shows up, how do I setup a conditional automations? e.g. If lux changes and is > 300 bring down the blinds, if lux drops to < 200 open the blinds). I want to set this up in iOS as my blinds can't be controlled from hubitat.

Would appreciate any pointers. Thanks!

1 Like

I have an Aeotec Multi-sensor exposed to Apple Home via Homebridge and the lux reading does show up, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for the Hue device. In Apple Home, you can long press on the accessory, bring up the details and add the automation from there.

Thanks for the screenshots!! Found it in one of the rooms and setup some automations from the sensor. It doesn't look like the rooms from Hubitat transfer over to the rooms in Apple Home. Does anyone know if there's a way to carry that over?

1 Like

As far as I know, they don't carry over and there is no way to do that.

Good to know. One last question: at daybreak today lux values on the hue sensor went up in Hubitat but Homebridge is still stuck at 0 (15 minutes later). Is there a way to determine Homebridge refresh frequency? Ideally I'd like the updated lux value to be propagated immediately.

In the Hubitat homebridge app I selected this device in "All Other Devices" -> "Sensors".

If you are using MakerAPI to publish to Homebridge, it should be instantaneous. Is there something in the Hue sensor setup in Homebridge that sets a threshold for generating a "change" event? Not sure if you have the same Hue motion sensor that I do (I have the outdoor one but I don't use it for triggering lux events in Apple Home, so it is not shared). Here is my set up for lux for that:

My Aeotec sensor is shared and the threshold that I have set is:

Hope this helps.

EDIT: What are you using as your Apple Home hub?

My sensor settings are similar in Hubitat

I found this reddit thread that seems to indicate there isn't a solution for this: https://www.reddit.com/r/homebridge/comments/11281k6/hubitat_device_statuses_not_updating_without_a/

Another option for me would be to add this sensor directly to Apple Home (I do have a Hue hub). Will give this a shot.

The hub I'm using is an apple homepod mini speaker.

Can you try the "log 10 precision 1" setting for lux reporting? Your current setting is 10 lux (absolute value) and that may be too high.