Bug ? Zigbee Details page < Ping Switch < Unable to turn off or on?

Zigbee Details page < Ping Switch < Unable to turn off or on ? Settings do not save ?
Possible bug ? Or am I missing something ?>

Video of what it does ..

Hey bobbyD Can you take a look at this ?
says in the docs ... But thats not what I am seeing ..

This toggle enables/disables the feature for the entire network. If enabled, it can also be disabled on a per-device basis

• Ping inactive devices every 3 hours: If enabled , the hub will attempt to "ping" all devices every three hours where the "Last Message" timestamp is more than three hours in the past. This may help certain devices prone to "falling off" the network to stay on, but it can be disabled if it causes problems. This toggle enables/disables the feature for the entire network. If enabled, it can also be disabled on a per-device basis (see below). This option is enabled by default.

Have you tried a different browser to rule out something there? The docs are correct, and this ability works for me.

Yeap .. tryed both opera and chrome .. how do you save the setting ?

I tried Edge and Chrome with the same results, it doesn't save changes. This was brought up as an issue at least a month ago, but must have gotten missed,

2 Likes

There is no saving; it's an instant change.

FWIW, Safari and (I think?) Firefox worked for me, in case this is a browser issue.

Just downloaded firefox .. same thing .. does not save ..
I am on : C-8 = 2.3.8.128

1 Like

I tried Safari (and my other hub) and it didn’t save either. Going back to settings and then zigbee I see the change wasn’t saved for the device that I unchecked.

1 Like

Yeah, same no-save results for me on Edge. Been this way for a while AFAIK.

When this feature first rolled out with the C8, I know it worked because I used it for a short while before deciding I didn't really need it. But I tried it again sometime later and again just recently, and my inputs don't save (as described in OP here).

I figured it may just be something odd in my setup so never reported it, but I concur with others here that this is a real thing.

1 Like

Yeah .. I did the same thing tried it back a few software vers ago .. didn't work.
figured it may just be something odd in my setup so never reported it also.

@gopher.ny
@bobbyD

Suggestions ?

1 Like

I was able to replicate. We will look into it. You can expect a fix in the next release.

5 Likes