Bug/unfriendly UI when removing in-use driver

I tried to remove a custom driver I had installed that I forgot was still in use. I got the following error:

Referential integrity constraint violation: "FK_HS4W547FIMWHJI3BGM33PM9PX: PUBLIC.DEVICE FOREIGN KEY(DEVICE_TYPE_ID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.DEVICE_TYPE(ID) (xx)"; SQL statement: DELETE FROM DEVICE_TYPE WHERE ID = ? [23503-197]

(where "xx" a numeric value that varies depending on the device; the rest of this error message is the same--yes, I tried a few different drivers that I knew were in use after this just to see what happened :slight_smile:)

I guess this isn't necessarily a bug per se, but I seem to remember that older firmware versions gave a friendlier error message, like "This driver is still in use by Device X..." (or maybe I'm just thinking of ST). In any case, it would certainly be nice if it did do that. I was obviously able to read into this error message enough to figure that this driver was still probably referenced by one of my devices, but I'm assuming there should be something friendlier here.

Just an observation! Obviously not a show-stopper.

EDIT: Also appears someone else experienced something similar: Remotec zrc90 custom driver removal error

1 Like