[BUG REPORT] Weather related tiles

Perhaps this is the plan but wanted to report that it's counter intuitive. On a Dashboard Tile the Wind arrow points to where the wind is coming from instead of the direction of the wind. In other words a wind from the South points south instead of the more natural indication of North. My specific experience is with an Ambient Weather Station.

Thanks,
Gary

I can confirm the same behaviour for my EcoWitt Weather Station, reporting 256 degrees or West South West, but the tile pointing towards WSW instead of coming from WSW.

This is the tile on the native EcoWitt Dashboard:

And this is the tile on the HE dashboard:

The device in HE captures the same degrees and interpretation of the direction as displayed in the EcoWitt dashboard:

@gary.smithson - You may want to move this topic into the feedback section, or something similar. The Developers section is normally for discussion amongst developers here on the Community (not to say Hubitat staff don't frequent these parts at all.... ), whereas feedback / bug reports like this are better placed in categories for discussion more directly related to Hubitat staff and the platform.

Thank you for confirming with such good images. It also makes a good case when the same behavior is happening on multiple Weather Stations.

Also thanks for the advice on where to report bugs. I'm just getting started in the Hubitat community and am just a little lost (but finding my way). I am quite surprised there isn't a Bug Report section.

Regards,
Gary

1 Like

The only case I could make for not having one is that it encourages people to not enter into creating a topic with the assumption what they are seeing is a bug, rather, posting in the frame of mind of "is this meant to happen?" or something similar, requesting help and then either confirming there is a bug or some other reason for what is happening or not.

As a justification for the category setup, it's most likely a weak case to make, and likely not the reason.... but nonetheless, I still think as a way to approach reporting something here it is a good approach to take. It's never a nice stance to take that the platform is broken from the outset.

In the end "the Community" is where to log any bugs :slight_smile: Categories can just help smooth the process.

1 Like