[BUG REPORT] Iris V2 Keypad Panic feature

Concerning the built-in Iris V2 Keypad driver, the Panic Button feature can be enabled, and there is a Panic state that does accurately update; but that State can't be accessed anywhere outside the Device page. Example: Rule Machine can't check the state of Panic because it's not listed in the selections.

Regards,
Gary

Is this under "Current States"? I don't have one of these devices to test with.

If my guess above is true, this is not the case -- but seeing how it is represented would help someone figure out how to write such a rule.

Notice how Panic is a State Variable instead of a Current State. Because of this Rules and Apps can't get to it. And no Current State is equivalent to it.

I did write a rule to somewhat process Panic but it is an absolute mess compared to what it could have been.

Gary

Is this just a setting you turn on or off (and this state variable simply reporting that), not an "event" or something the device is capable of reporting on its own? If so, "Current States" are normally reserved for that kind of thing (the underlying platform feature that populates them is actually called "events," and they are generally the kind of things that would be useful in creating automations, usually not static properties of the device itself). "State Variables," meanwhile, do not necessarily have any meaning; they are used by driver code internally.

In other words, if that is the case, I'd expect this to be unlikely to change, so whatever workaround you found for now might be it. :slight_smile:

Right. I don't think it will change since A) it's an Iris device and B) it's Version 2 hardware. (Even though I suspect Version 3 does the same thing)

But to give you a better idea: There is a Panic Button on the hardware, and if you enable it in the driver, pressing that button makes a faint beeping sound on the Keypad itself. That's like bringing nail clippers to a knife fight. I wanted my entire alarm system to activate and notify me if Panic is pressed. It would be easy if Panic were an Event. My rule has holes in it but does somewhat work. Actually it could be that the Staff believed the Siren Event would do the job... but Siren gets all tangled up in the HSM actions.

Thanks for the conversation,
Gary

I do have one of those but don't see anything like that in the driver, though I don't really use it and could be missing something.