Bug - latest version - manual inclusion

Going to Devices > Add Device > Z Wave

I always fist do an exclusion from this page as the normal way of doing an exclusion is flawed and provides no confirmation or prompt. Once exclusion has completed and times out after 30 seconds, the screen reports that it is "not in inclusion/exclusion mode" However at that point only the "start z-wave exclusion" button is available with the "start z-wave inclusion" button remaining greyed out and needing a page refresh to restore it

Also should I not see an entry in the Z Wave logs when I start an exclusion? They remain empty.

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 10.10.30 AM

I didn't try to exclude anything.. just testing the logs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was in "Z wave logs" and got nothing- the screen stays blank and doesn't show like yours:

Ahh.. ZWave logs.. correct, nothing shows there.

Regular logs (left menu, bottom) however, does display.

2 Likes

Ahhh - that would explain it - sure I looked there as well but I'll have a try. Think I'm finished with what I was trying to do now. Thanks

ZWave logs are a work-in-progress as far as I know. They are not, and probably will never be a substitute for ZNiffer. :smiley:

They do offer insight into what the ZRadio is doing, but nothing close to 100%. It's more or less filtered by: "interesting" :slight_smile:

2 Likes