Bug in Honeywell T6 Pro driver (platform 2.1.8) (operating state doesn't update)

@mike.maxwell

I just switched to the new driver for this thermostat. Hit configure - all the controls work ok.

The only thing that isn't working is that "thermostatOperatingState" doesn't update when I use the device page to turn cooling or heating on (Edit - just realized I didn't actually test heating).

It updates with the Generic Z-wave thermostat driver. For example, my AC has been running for 5 minutes now and the operating state still indicates idle.

05%20PM

The logs indicate the setpoint being lowered, but again don't indicate cooling is started. Although it has.

05%20PM

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell

For completeness, here's what happens with the Generic Z-wave thermostat driver

57%20PM

57%20PM

Thanks, I'll look at this, see of I can reproduce it.

1 Like

:+1:

Hope you can. One of my rules relies on thermostatOperatingState(), which is how I picked it up. If its unique to my thermostat, no worries - I can continue using the generic driver.

I was having the same issue with the T6 driver, so switched back to virtual. Now the honeywell driver isn't even in my list of available drivers. I'm guessing it is due to this issue.

Welcome to Hubitat!

Do you mean the "generic z-wave thermostat" driver? The virtual thermostat driver won't control your actual thermostat. Also, the Honeywell driver should not have disappeared - so I'm a little confused that it has on your system.

Yes, I meant the generic driver.

The one thing I did not mention was that I had to do a system restore (unrelated issue), but the restore was from after the 2.1.8.115 update. Since then, even though I'm running 2.1.8.115, the Honeywell T6 driver is no longer visible.

1 Like

That's weird. Recommend you contact support with this observation. AFAIK, the driver shouldn't disappear.

Tagging @bobbyD.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell

thermostatOperatingState() is displaying correctly now. Assuming this was one of the changes in 2.1.8.117?

Please keep an eye on this, nothing in 2.1.8 was specific to address this issue...

Never mind. Long day - I was tired. I was still using the "generic z-wave thermostat" driver.

Any luck reproducing this issue?

Lost track of this one, it happens..

No worries. Just checking in.

Did you get a chance to look at the Honeywell T6 Pro driver? My friend got a T6 Pro a week ago and his thermostat showed the same bug, so I don't think it is unique to my unit.

Thanks!

1 Like

looking at it now, will be sorted in 2.2.0 (next release), thanks for reminding me!

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

:+1::+1:

2 Likes

I have my thermostat set to off, my fan set to circulate. I can hear the fan running yet the thermostatoperatingstate is set to idle, I would expect Fan Only.
Pic:

Logs:

Bug?

Maybe, but not a bug in the driver.
I've not seen any thermostats change operating states based on the current fan mode.