Bug: HomeKit not showing ZWave dimmer status

I added one of my Leviton dimmers using the new HomeKit integration, but when I manually change the dimmer setting at the dimmer the setting isn’t reflected in HomeKit.

Controlling the dimmer from the HomeKit app works fine.

FYI, I used to connect the dimmer using Tonesto & Homebridge and HomeKit picked up the dimmer status, so seems to be a bug in the new HomeKit integration.

Since you mentioned a Z-Wave dimmer and controlling directly from the dimmer (i.e., physically), the first thing I'd do is leave HomeKit out of the picture and see if the status updates as expected on Hubitat. To do this, go to the device detail page for this device (under Devices), then look at Current States towards the top. If those aren't updating as expected, HomeKit won't be able to see it, either. If they are updating and HomeKit isn't, then you're dealing with a HomeKit problem. Otherwise, it's something else.

I mention this only because many older Z-Wave switches/dimmers do not reliably report all physical changes back to the hub without polling. I know you said it worked before, but maybe the change is just coincidental. This will help narrow it down for sure. If HomeKit weren't involved, this sounds about like that problem. :slight_smile: (And it still does, as "digital" changes--whether from the hub directly or from the hub via HomeKit or whatever else--are not subject to this limitation.)

I rebooted my Hubitat & now both the Hubitat (under Current State) and HomeKit (in the Home app) both correctly report the state of the dimmer under manual control.

I rebooted the Hubitat before checking if Current State was picking up the change, but in any case it's working now. In the past the Current State had been correctly updating, and the Tonesto/Homebridge integration was sending the state to Homekit, so maybe this was just a temporary glitch after installing the native Homekit integration.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.