[BUG] [2.3.4.150] Lock Code Manager Broken

Lock Code Manager has started to fail with my Schlage BE496ZP Zwave Plus version. It has been running great for several month and I first encountered this issue 2 weeks ago when my dog walker's code was supposed to be enabled. It was not.

I reset the lock. Changed the batteries and tested it. It seemed to work again--I chalked it up to the batteries.

But, it has failed again. I can set the codes manually from the device page, but updates via LCM fail.

This is what I see in the logs from when it tried to update via LCM.

Code length is properly set.

1 Like

I realize this might be what you mean, but just in case: you're saying you see something like this on the device detail page for all of the locks you've selected in the app?

If not, make sure that is set (and to the actual length needed by the lock; I'm not aware of any drivers that can actually set this on the lock, it being just something you need to set on the hub to match so it knows).

If so...maybe change it to something else and change it back? (Just thinking if it got set with the wrong data type or something odd like that originally.)

1 Like

Yes, codeLength was properly set to the number of digits in the PIN.

I did just reset it, so maybe that will work.

1 Like

Still not working properly. All commands via the device screen work properly. LCM Fails.

Currently, LCM shows one of the codes as disabled--I scheduled it for disabling as a test. Code is still active.

I think it's broken due to one of the recent updates.

Where exactly do I enter an official bug report? Because this is clearly not receiving any support from @Hubitat_Staff.

1 Like

Being more specific, it appears that Lock Code Manager is failing when configuring a code to Enable at a specific date/time. It will accept that setting. But after the enable time passes the code is not added, not enable, and disappears completely from Lock Code Manager.

I have again tested enabling a code by setting an enable/disable date and time. After the initial enable time passes, the code is not added/enabled and the user disappears from Lock Code Manager. All functions on the lock from the device page work as expected, so this is an issue with LCM

again, tagging @Hubitat_Staff since this issue remains unresolved since recent firmware updates to the C-7

Have you reverted to a previous platform version to verify it's an issue based on the release?
There haven't been any changes to LCM in any recent platform versions.

1 Like

This seems to have occurred a couple releases back and I have not had an opportunity to revert to earlier releases. I discovered this issue on 2-Feb, but assumed it was a low battery issue at the time. There have since been several releases. So, I could certainly try to go to one pre-2-Feb.

I'll report back later, since it's a waiting game on the scheduled enable/disable since it only allows for whole hour times.

As a test, I created a Test virtual lock and tried disabling one of the two codes using LCM. LCM reports the user is disabled. But the code wasn't deleted.

4 Likes

Yes, that is one of the errors I've seen.

Reverted to: 2.3.3.140

Prep:

Enable Result: Success (contrary to experience with 2.3.4.150 as described above)

Disable Result: UPDATED - Clearly works as intended

@mike.maxwell

2 Likes

ok, thanks for that.

1 Like

Reverted to: 2.3.4.139 because that was the next version available in diagnostic tools

Prep:

Enable Result: Appears to have run as expected and not as per failure in 2.3.4.150

Disable Result: No bothering to test this, since the error started with "enable".

@mike.maxwell

is that an \n\r at the end of the #1 code?

1 Like

Looks like it.

Okay, @mike.maxwell , I reverted to 2.3.4.148 and the failure on scheduled enable has occurred.

Preset:

After scheduled enable: FAIL

So the issue is somewhere between 2.3.4.139 and 2.3.4.148.

I think this is in @Hubitat_Staff 's hands now to resolve.

1 Like

Now I just upgraded to the latest 2.3.4.153 and mysteriously code that I had previously removed have appeared in LCM:

It really seems like something is borked with Lock Code Manager.

I wonder if it's something to do with your particular lock?

I have a Kwikset 914 Z-Wave Plus, and Lock Code Manager is working just fine. I can add a user and a code, and then delete both. I can add a new code to an existing user. I can delete a single code from an existing user that has more than one code. It all works. And updating to 2.3.4.153 did not make any deleted code come back.

Try scheduling an enable and disable.

The lock functions normally outside of LCM.

Maybe 2.3.4.153 fixed something. 2.3.4.150 definitely had some sort of issue, as confirmed by others.