[BROKEN] Log Watchdog - Keep an eye on what's important in the log

Do I need to fill in the AND "secondary check" if I'm selecting Logging Level: Error

It seems that it's not working if I just want to see errors in the logs. It appears as if I have to select every keyword in addition to the "error" selection. Is this correct?

Will this work:
(L) - if (error) and (- or - or - or -) but not (- or -)

nope, they are optional in case you want just a certain type of error

1 Like

Bryan,

I reboot my hubs nightly. And it seems that the device disconnects from the log info during the reboot. At least, the device says: disconnected. and doesnt pick up errors in logs. Should it auto connect? It hasnt for me that last 2 nights. I'm on latest version.

I'll look into it. thanks

1 Like

Anyone else getting this? It disconnects at system reboot.

Anyway...
New version on GitHub...

Update Child app and driver.

1 Like

I'm seeing the same: not notifications every (even though there are errors in the logs) with "(L) - if (error) and (- or - or - or -) but not (- or -)", did you end up finding a solution? Thx!

No, it never picked up any errors in my logs, so I abandoned it.

1 Like

Bryan, are you thinking of dropping this? I really love the idea -- and hope it can work.
Wonder if I can help troubleshoot?

1 Like

It works inconsistently. I really need to take another approach to the code. Just have to find the time.

1 Like

I feel ya. LMK if I can help.

Count me in as interested in this app. Anyone else? Perhaps if enough interest lately would justify further development.

Is there any log monitoring on Hubitat and just trying to find out if this is current or not?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.