Broken condition

So I was altering a rule to use a date range as a required expression. The original rule was simply mon-fri a light came on at 7:am (to help my son wake up)

It occurred to me to just only have it work from aug-june and not have it work duriing the summer. This would save me from having to manually pause the rule. But when I go in to create the expression, it immediately says broken because it's not true at the moment. Is this normal or have I overlooked something? My thought process is with this expression it simply wouldn't allow the trigger from june-august....Is this an issue with the wrap around from year to next year causing it to choke? I ask because now I look at it it could be because within a single calendar year the months are backwards, but in my head I'm thinking school year)

The condition

The Rule (again the only mod I made was the expression)

I just tried the same and it works. Can you try pressing both of the “Erase Time” buttons?

If that doesn’t do it, I would try re-doing the rule from scratch.

Also, in your required condition, add that the day needs to be Monday-Friday — this will allow you to remove the if condition in the actions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Paused the rule and rebuilt it. That "seems" to work... Wonder why adding the required expression borks the original rule though...

Condition

Even the first screenshot seems to be an issue....

What do you mean? I thought it looked normal (I don't mean that as an accusory, I meant "what did I miss"

:slight_smile: - Just a random thought... Let me try and remember what I thought looked odd... :wink:

1 Like

Ah... Could be August 2.... I am into August 3 already... Might be a misnomer...

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn't think that would do it. I have the original rule paused to diagnose it. Very strange. Maybe @bravenel has an opinion... I'm certainly no expert in RM... That's for sure.

Once you call in the big-guns I will certainly step aside... :slight_smile: Other than that, might have some more insight with some sleep... or not... :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even with the time differences, would June 1 still not cause an issue in the States? Looking at the Required Expression?

Either way... I'm sure Finn is not disappointed that he will not be woken up.... :wink:

1 Like

You would think but rebuild
Ing the rule allowed it

1 Like

:frowning: Sorry Finn.... If you have a personal account Finn, feel free to reach out for help... :wink:

1 Like

Yea, that’s odd. Did you try pressing the “Erase Time” buttons on the broken one?

1 Like

You never showed the Conditions on the Required Expression page. If there is a Broken Condition, you can fix it there (Manage Conditions). That probably would have become self-evident if you went to edit the condition. Without that, I can't possible tell you what happened.

The 1st screen shot at the top of the thread is the condition

1 Like

That's not what I'm talking about. This:

Manage Conditions. If there is a broken condition, it will show it there, and that is where you edit it.

1 Like

Ahh, sorry, misunderstood

Here ya go

No, that's not it. You were talking about a Required Expression.

At this point, this is a lost cause. I don't know what you're talking about, and you can't even show the relevant stuff.

I think this is what you want. But as you can see it's not really any different than What I posed at the top. I can remove it and the rule goes back to normal but if I add the required expression back in it simply displays this way.

When you click edit