Broadlink RM4 Pro Integration

Just an FYI:
Broadlink recently added NFC tag triggers for running Scenes. Great!

I then sent an email to support begging for them to add local end points, thereby making it very easy to create a Hubitat rule to trigger a Broadlink RM4 Pro Scene.

Reply was basically, "no one would use it, so we won't do it." :frowning:
See below---------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ron

Sorry for our late response. Your suggestion was evaluated by our RD head and we confirm it is not possible to do so - not technically impossible but from market point of view certain demand is really rare (99.9%+ people are using app or voice to control devices).

Please kindly understand as a company we need to focus our resources on things are more demanded and popular in the market (ex. Alexa FFS, Google Seamless Setup)

But we highly appreciate for your suggestion and we are always be happy to hear voices from our users. Your support is our passion!

Thanks

Andy Chian
BroadLink International
Mob: +86-13588808566 (WhatsApp) | Skype: andychiancn

Well, I hate their app and never use it. My Hubitat sends commands to their RM3 devices (2 of them) twice a day each. I would have liked for my RM4 to work also...

I've got RM4 working using ifttt.com (webhooks -> broadlink) but the delay is really annoying.
Plus I had to register multiple emails to keep it free. :frowning:

I did get the IR commands to with through NodeRed, but I couldn't get the RF commands to work. That is way more complicated and I didn't want to run NodeRed 24/7 if it wouldn't do everything, so I bailed on that.

Yeah, I also do not like using IFTTT or NodeRed. I want to keep everything on my Hubitat if possible.

Call me crazy...

1 Like

From their response:
Alexa FFS, Google Seamless Setup
Does that mean that Alexa or Google can control a RM4???

Google Home on my phone recognizes my RM4(s) and yes, I can say "hey google, turn on office light" and it works.

There is an Alexa skill for the the RM4. Look for Broadlink. I use it to turn my fireplace on and off as well as some lights.