Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

sorry, this is Chrome my primary browser it's happening on. I've never seen this behavior before on any other device, very rarely on any other web page.

When I do a Learn IR command, the command works, shows the string of IR as numbers, then whatever I press nexts hangs the page, and that device is permanently hung. Like I said before, even rebooting HE won't bring that device back. Opening a new tab to that address doesn't help. It really seemed like it was HE and that device that were the problem. Very odd.

At first I was just trying to delete the device, but under these circumstances I couldn't find a way. Without access to the device page, I'm not sure you can delete a device.

Very interesting. When you say that anything that you press next will hang the page, do you mean any device command buttons on the page? Or literally anything else (clicking away to other areas of HE like the Apps section, for example)?

Are you able to copy/paste the hex code before it hangs? I wonder if there is anything unique about it, like being very long or something. I'm grasping at straws here. I have put long hex codes in attributes of unrelated device pages that are much longer than the remote codes tend to be, so I doubt that is the issue.

How did you delete the device and recover once it was in this state? Did other devices work properly in the meantime?

I've only created two virtual remote devices so far, but both times I was trying to test the learned IR so I probably clicked TEST LEARNED and nothing happened.

I finally got control and was able to delete the extra device by opening up in Edge, something I rarely do.

I'm clicking around through other devices right now, nothing else seems to be broken, just the Virtual Remote devices.

Ok, let me poke around in Chrome to see if I can reproduce this. Which Broadlink remote are you using?

EDIT: I tested my RM3 Mini with Chrome (Version 104.0.5112.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)). I was able to learn codes 4-5 times, and I could test, save, and delete them. I could also sendSavedCode with one that I had saved on the device.

Can you tell me more about anything that comes out in the Logs or that shows up in the device attributes when it is in this state? If you hit Initialize on the device page, does it recover or change anything on the device page?

So from playing around with this, the best I can come up with is that when under the "Current States" I have a "learned code" with a super long number, it's crashing chrome.

The problem is that the number stays there even after HE reboots, browser cache clears, etc. I can't find a way to clear it. Once there is an IR code in there the device is useless (from Chrome). My work around is to use Edge for managing this device.

Sorry I didn't check the logs yet. But as far as the device I don't think there are any errors. I can't push Init from chrome but when I do in Edge the device responds as it should. This is basically a browser issue, HE seems to be acting normally.

In my next release, I'll add a step that clears it in Initialize. That way it will at least clear automatically after a reboot.

If you're able to copy/paste a problematic code, please send it to me in a PM. I'd like to try to troubleshoot further.

Thanks for all your help. I kind of feel bad with you making any changes at all as the more I look at this the more it seems like something wonky with my Chrome browser than anything else.

Great app/driver btw, it's an excellent low cost replacement for Harmony

1 Like

Hello, i've installed the bundle and driver code. I'm setting the IP address in my preferences and after "initiliazing" it just says "waiting for auth" - i cant see anywhere to get rid of this?

If you press Initialize again, does it update that status to eventually be "idle"? Sometimes the Hubitat UI shows a stale value there even if the auth response was successful.

If it doesn't become "idle" after you manually Initialize, or if no other commands work, please PM me a capture of the Logs window during the Initialize process.

Same here with Waiting For Auth. I got my RM3 working great but I the RM4 is doing this. Logs attached, I'm pressing Initialize

Thank you, the log helps.

It looks like you have the "Lock device" setting enabled for the device. You have to disable this in the Broadlink app on your phone. It's on the "Property" page for the device.

Please give Initialize another try after that and let me know.

3 Likes

you are a legend. thanks mate.

2 Likes

Hear hear

Did that fix your issue @telf8283? If so, I can add a more useful message to the device page to help with troubleshooting when this issue occurs.

I think this is probably a Broadlink problem and not an Integration problem. I was able to get my RM3 Pro that I have had for a couple of years to work quickly. However, I am struggling with a new RM4 Pro. I don't seem to be able to control it. Here is what shows up in logs when I click Learn IR and also when I click GetStatus:

From looking at the logs, the parts that concern me are "hasIR:false", "isRM4:false", "isPro:false" and "supported:false". It says "cloudLocked:false" so I feel like my mistake of going all the way thru process the first time w/ Broadlink app is not the problem.

When trying to install initially, I used E-control like I did with 1st device and could never get it to connect to my Wifi. So, then I tried IHC with same problem. Finally, I had to use the latest Broadlink app and cloud-locked the device by going thru entire install process. I reset device then used Broadlink app but quit immediately after connecting to Wifi.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Those log prints are not from my integration. They're from the withdrawn/abandoned one. Try mine (info in first post in this thread) to see if you get better results.

1 Like

I AM SUCH AN IDIOT!!!!!!! HAHAHA. I have your integration and the first Broadlink device on a different hub. As you suggested, as soon as I switched to other hub and used YOUR integration, it worked perfectly. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

No worries -- I'm glad you got it up and working.

Yes confirmed it now shows as idle after turning off the lock device option in the app and re initialising in the device in hubitat

1 Like