Bridging from ADT Pulse to Hubitat

I recently reached a level of frustration with ADT that prompted me to move all my Smart Home devices off their gateway and have reinstal them on a new HE hub. Wow, what a difference. Wish I'd done it earlier.

The one thing I do miss, though, is the ability to trigger scenes based on alarm events. When set up on Pulse, I had scripts that turned on the hallway and master bedroom lights when arming stay, and then turned off all lights in the house 30 minutes later. For armed away, lights on in the foyer and all other lights in the house off. Foyer lights off after 5 minutes. If front door opened when alarm is set, foyer light comes on to help get to the keypad.

It doesn't look like there's any direct way for HE to see ADT status changes to be able to program the same functions. Correct?

I'm toying with the idea of creating a physical device to do this. Lamp module on the pulse network with an action that turns it on when the alarm is armed and off when disarmed. That lamp module powers a relay that's connected to the inputs on a Z-Wave I/O device on the HE network. HE would presumably get button hold and release actions from this device that could trigger the lighting actions I want. Doable?

The other option, of course, is to simply put a scene controller on the wall above the ADT panel and call it quits.

Could use Node-Red to fetch the status from the ADT Pulse website ( node-adt-pulse - npm ), and push it into Hubitat via MakerAPI.

I've never tried it, and the node code is 5 years old, so may/may not work.

On my system, I've got two Qubino Flush 1D relays. https://qubino.com/products/flush-1d-relay/

Wire them thusly:
L & N on both relays to whatever power source you're using.
On first relay, wire Q1 to L.
Wire Q2 on first relay to I1 on second relay.

Include first relay to ADT Z-Wave, then connect through Automations:

Trigger: Security Panel
Event: Armed Stay, When Event Happens
By: Any
Active: Always
Actions: Turn Qubino Relay On

...and a matching "Off" automation for "Event: Disarmed".

Include the second relay to Hubitat ("Generic Z-Wave Relay").

That's it! You can monitor the second relay's on/off state with Rules, and (bonus!) you've got a cold contact switch on the second relay (Q1/Q2) for anything else you might want to do with it.

Of course, any Z-Wave or Zigbee relay could be used as the second relay; I just happened to have a second Qubino around I wasn't using. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! Didn't think I'd find a relay that ADT would recognize. I'll check them out.

@jwjr... I just read your post back in Aug '19 and have a quick question... are you still using the two relay setup with ADT?

Iā€™m doing something similar with the Zooz Zen 16 (triple relay)...works in both ADT Pulse and HE.

@ksghost... thanks for the suggestion (never thought about using the Zen16). Did you consider Konnected (link)?

Not exactly. I'm still using both relays, but now I've got one synced to Armed Away and the other to Armed Stay, and I monitor the contacts with two channels on one of my Konnected devices.