Bought 2 new hubs and one seems to be malfunctioning

I recently purchased 2 new hubs for someone else. I currently own 2 c-7 hubs myself and have been using Hubitat for a few years. One of my new hubs seems to be working great. The other seems to be quirky at best. It started out not loading. I had to go to the diagnostic tool and click update. I was then able to login to the hub and register it although it took multiple attempts to register it. When I try to add a zigbee device (Sonoff S31 Lite) it gets stuck on initializing. I was able to add it to the other hub without issues. Also when trying to add a device, if I click on add by brand or type the screen is blank. With the other hub there is a list of devices to choose from. I started working on this Tuesday but had to leave and when I came back today I wasnt able to reach the login screen. I had to use the diagnostic screen to reboot it. Then it told me I had a corrupt database and needed to do a soft reset so I did that. I let it update to the latest firmware. Now it is giving me an error saying "zigbee network is offline". I disabled the zigbee radio and re-enabled it but is still shows that. After the update when I go to add a device there is a list of devices to choose from but I can't add the Sonoff most likely due to the zigbee error. Is there anything else I should try or did I get a dud?

Thanks

Ultimately I expect support, in particular @Bobbyd, is likely your best bet.

I expect you may also want to split out your issues to make it somewhat easier to track. But those dealing with your issue are probably best to advise on this....

1 Like

Thank you! I was looking for the best way to get a hold of support and it seems like everything points to posting on the forums so that's why I went this route. The reason I posted all the issues at once is due to the fact it is brand new and there seem to be quite a few different issues leading me to believe there is something wrong with the hub. @bobbyD , would you be able to help me out with this?

While there are more formal channels, my opinion is posting here opens up the possibility to connect with people here on the Community as well (I resisted big-noting myself by saying "people like me" :wink: )

1 Like

This does sound like a hw issue to me but you never know. One trick you might try is shutting down the hub and removing power for 5 min or so then restarting it and seeing if that fixes the zigbee radio. If not I'd say go ahead and see if support has you fill out a warrantee return, which I suspect they may.

1 Like

It is nice talking with other members and getting different perspectives/ideas on things. I admit, I do a lot of reading on the forums but not so much posting. I just tried shutting the hub down, unplugging for more than 5 minutes and then restarting and the zigbee network is still offline

Submit a warranty return from support.hubitat.com

1 Like

Submitted. Thank you!

Just be aware that almost everyone who works at Hubitat is at CES this week. So a response may be slightly delayed.

4 Likes

Ok, no worries. Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Sure, check your private message. I sent you some tips to try.

1 Like

Thanks @bobbyD . I appreciate the help with getting this working!

1 Like

WHat was the trick?

Basically downgrade to 2.3.1, then back to the latest version.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.