Bose SoundTouch Support

Thanks mate, I’ll turn on logging and give it another crack and take a look. Will let you know.
Cheers :+1:

1 Like

Should I use speak or play text?
And should it work from the device commands by just entering the text and pressing the command?
Sorry I’m pretty new to hubitat so I’m on a steep learning curve.
I can see all the connection settings in the log, all looks good but I don’t see any info about when the text commands were fired?
Thanks again

I made speak and playText the same under the hood. One just references the other.

But you jogged my memory on this limitation (quoted from my release notes):

Note that Bose currently only supports notifications (used for TTS) on these models: SoundTouch 10, SoundTouch 20 Series III, and SoundTouch 30 Series III

There were a bunch of requests for other models in their developer forums, but as far as I know it was never added. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hmmm yeah I saw those notes, mines a sound touch portable series 2 and I couldn’t work out if that was one on the list. Thought that since it was an old one it may have worked.
Obviously not. Bugger
Anyway thanks for your help
Cheers

1 Like

Is anyone still using this? I noticed that the Bose developer portal was shut down at some point in the past: Bose | Headphones, Earbuds, Speakers, Soundbars, & More | Bose

This would (at least) break TTS with my integration. I am curious whether it is working in general for other functionality or if I should mark it as no longer recommended.

I still have it installed, but only have one SoundTouch speaker still functioning so very limited use (think once about 18 months ago).

You have one more than me. :wink: Thanks for the quick reply.

@Eric.R.Rogers, is this still working for you?

1 Like