Bored. When do we get a new release?

Nuff said. When?!? :sunny:

Why not join the beta programme?
That way you can play with the new stuff to stop you getting bored :slight_smile:

Andy

4 Likes

I like having some down time. Also I am pretty much all up and running with my devices and rules, etc. I just need to start working on the final tablet interfaces. It's to the point I don't have to worry about my automatons not working.

Start developing. That will keep you busy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Obviously, you need another hub! :slight_smile:
Put it into the beta, that way, when you start developing, you don’t affect your ‘production’ hub and can test your apps/drivers on the latest firmware version :slight_smile:

But.. beware...
That is exactly what I did... now I have 6 hubs!
And think I might need a couple more :slight_smile:

Andy

4 Likes

Oh god, great idea. I will do that and join the beta program. I have 2 hubs so far, across 2 properties. Really should start to develop too. I used to tinker with Perl, mySQL etc on the Web and built many sites. But I let it drop over the last few years while focused on work and other things. Definitely need to start up coding again. I just need an entry point really. Something simple to get started on. I've tweaked a few drivers so far just for fun but nothing serious. Built a couple of rPi's too which had been fun.

This must be a big release coming, just realized yesterday was 3 weeks since a Hubitat live stream.

4 Likes

Yes that is my fear more hubs and test devices. More explaining to the wife what all the boxes do and why packages from Amazon keep showing up.

1 Like

How do you join the beta program?

@bobbyD @patrick ??

Either that or the same size release, more thoroughly tested. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Cobra @bobbyD @patrick if the beta program is something you accept applicants for I'd be glad to participate. I'm a software developer with 15 years experience, I was a QA manager at a company for 2 years and I've been writing some drivers and apps for Hubitat since I got it. Happy to help!

I’m no longer a member of staff so you need to direct this to @bobbyD or @patrick

Andy

1 Like

I have added your hub to the waiting list. When a spot becomes available, we will enable your hub to receive beta releases. Thank you for your continued support.

2 Likes

I'd like to get on that list too, is there an official request form? I'm guessing just making forum posts isn't the preferred way(?)

1 Like

Folks interested in beta releases could send me a PM with their HUB UID or hub's registered email address and will add to the waiting list.

So is there no live stream this week either, I haven't seen anything posted about it?

Likewise. I think all heads are down to bring us a new, huge and totally bug free next release :smile:

Speaking of the webcast.... I actually enjoy watching those. When is the next one?

1 Like

"when it's ready" :smile:

1 Like