Boolean example - will this work?

Hi all - seeing conflicting info in my searches and wanted to validate my use of Private Boolean. Will this work where I am setting a wait time, then setting PB to true within the same rule? I’m trying to make it so this only runs once a day, in the morning. Or do I have to reset the PB to true from a different rule? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

That should work. You can set Private Boolean from the same rule (as long as you have a way to make it do that--you do, since the "Wait" will effectively schedule this action for the future) or a different rule (if you can find a way for it to make sense, in your case maybe a trigger of 9:01 AM). But, again, as you have it now should work!

Personally, I also always like to put "Set Private Boolean False" for things like this first in the rule; that way, if you get another trigger event, it's more likely to have already been set and prevent re-triggering (and defeating the purpose of including it). But your first two actions should happen pretty fast, so this isn't probably something I'd worry about here.

5 Likes

That will work. Another option would be to Wait for event certain time 8:00 AM.

My preference is to make the first action Set PB to False but I don't think it necessary.

2 Likes

Great, thank you!

Thanks much for validating!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.