Bond Integration

@bcopeland Thanks for making BOND Integration native to HE. I've been using the community version for years and it works well but as others stated concerned the author is no longer supporting it and your version appears to be much faster at keeping status updated. Anyway, I installed this new version today in parallel with the community version and it is working great. I did discover one issue I forgot my BOND app had an old device installed and when I removed it from the BOND app on my phone I was not able to remove that device in HE as the "Remove Device" button is grayed out so I had to forget the Bond Bridge in the HE Bond APP and re-add it.

I also appreciate you looking into adding support to upper and lower lights and 6 speed controls for fans as well as a command to change the direction as I have an existing rule that in the winter the fan kicks in reverse at low speed. Right now with the community version having the fan direction command I have a rule that anytime Ecobee starts heating the house to help move the heat around the fans come on in reverse at low speed and run for another 2 min. after heat shut-off. When Ecobee is in cooling mode and on I have a rule to make sure the fan is in the forward direction and running at med. speed.

Both my fans change brightness by holding the light power toggle down on the remote and the lights will cycle brightness down and back up as long as you hold the power button on the remote. The Set Level command in the BOND driver does not work and produces the following error

dev:9822022-06-12 07:10:32.447 pm warn00000003 endpoint does not support SetBrightness command

Note: The community BOND driver also does not support dimming so no loss on functonality for this feature switching over to the new Bond Integration Driver.

2 Likes

The light kit on my fans work as you described and the community integration created a child light device as follows with a Start Dimming and Stop Dimming buttons that worked similar to the way my fan light control shows up in the Bond App itself. The Dim button with a number does not function for my light kit, but the start and stop dimming buttons work. I have them mapped to a pico remote which is mounted of the original light switch that powered the fan and it works fine.

@bcopeland, I am hoping you can support something similar for those of us that have fans with lights that dim this way.

1 Like

OMG… Um… Will come up with something.. Did not expect 9-speed fans

As @matt1097 mentioned, Bond does not expose all 9 speeds. We had a few 9-speeds at our old house and all showed up as 6-speed via the Bond app. Not doubting the HE crew, but not sure if anything short of dark magic is accessing the additional speeds through a Bond integration.

1 Like

That’s the easy part

But this is what we are going with for the moment

thanks for all the fixes @bcopeland. Have you been able to look at how to allow stop/preset? It's the only gap my use cases have when compared to the community version.

2 Likes

@Hatallica was correct. You do not need to support 9-speeds as Bond doesn't**.
Sorry for the offhand confusing comment. There's even a 31speed fan out there that they still map to just 6 speeds in bond.
**Clarification: They only automatically support 6 speeds, but there are buttons for 9 and ways to do more via the API

@bcopeland but i have an interesting tidbit... I added a 6-speed fan to bond (for the purpose of testing it wasnt an issue specifically with 9-speed fans), hit configure on the bond device in hubitat and that worked. But also now so do all my other fans that were previously not working. :man_shrugging:
I have not touched anything else.

but with that is a new issue i think: I removed that newly added 6-speed fan from Bond. Hit configure on the parent device in Hubitat, and the child device was not removed.
Hitting refresh I see the 404 error.

1 Like

@bcopeland is this something you are considering are should I just plan to keep using the community integration? Just curious, as the community integration generates an error about the hub being offline two or three times a day. I have your integration operating my fan and It works great and it hasn't generated any errors since I started using it. So I would like to switch totally to the HE integration. Without the CloseNext and OpenNExt commands, however, I will need to stick to what I have.

1 Like

I lost all control of my fans I believe after the last update. I removed the app and started from scratch. Added the bond IP and token and now when I go into configuration I get no devices. Log below

This is the main thing preventing me from switching over.

Also missing is dimming stop/start for those of us who can't set a level, but I must admit that I've rarely used that in the bond app (and never in Hubitat) and can't necessarily think of a real use case for Hubitat, but nonetheless, it is a feature in the community driver that didn't make it into the built-in driver.

Community driver:

3 Likes

I use the Start/Stop dimming in the community Bond integration to control light dimming of my fans from Picos, using RM. Works nicely, so it would be great if those commands were supported. Button 2 and 4 on the pico are set to start dim up and dim down, respectively when held, and stop dim when released.

3 Likes

@!bcopeland I lost all control of my fans I believe after the last update. I removed the app and started from scratch. Added the bond IP and token and now when I go into configuration I get no devices. Look at logs below

[/quote]

That error tells me the token is incorrect

It was a router issue. Rebooted the router and I was Ok
Thanks

@bcopeland any chance we can look forward to this in an upcoming release? It’s the one thing I’m missing and while I’d like to stick with the native app since it removes polling, I also need this feature…. Thanks!

@bcopeland How can I delete a child device from the parent. It is no longer in Bond and I hit the configure button hoping that would do it

@rvrolyk @bruce1

Brian's acknowledged that there are issues with removing children and access to certain types of fan\light control that aren't in the current release.

An update to the HE Bond Integration will be in a future Hubitat firmware release, work in process, Release FW version and date unknown at this point.

3 Likes

I have the same problem. I have one fan that has up/down lights. Bond app shows separate controls for both lights. It also support the auto dimming of those lights individually. But the Bond integration on HE does not support the method of dimming and only has on/off for the up light.

Is there a solution forthcoming?

I second the request for working stop function for the blinds.

• The Bond app has a stop button. It works.
  • The HE rule machine dropdown in the shades offers stop, but if selected, nothing happens. (spent a good 45 minutes trying to figure out what I was doing wrong until I searched and found this thread...)

Presets and support for TDBU and all that would be nice, but with a stop button and a stopwatch, we can work around that given all the options Hubitat has. Without a stop button I think I'm SOL because all the other functions Hubitat offers are not supported by the Bond hub...(and I barely got the bond hub paired to my shades - had to use a different remote than bond recognized to get a press and hold function)

1 Like

I have the same request

3 Likes