Bond Integration

2 Issues with Bond Integration:

1. When I initially set up the Bond Integration App with Hubitat I see all the devices in Hubitat that are in the Bond app which is great. The problem is that now if I want to add a new device to the Bond app, it does not update or appear in Hubitat. The only way to get it to appear in Hubitat is to remove the entire Bond integration and re-add it again. Then the new device will appear. Problem is that I have to re-do all my automations, etc. Any body find a way to "refresh" the devices in Hubitat without deleting and re-installing?

2. My shades in Bond app will appear in Hubitat but the state of the shade is reversed. So a shade that is fully closed in Bond app will appear as Open in Hubitat.

How does the bond app know if a shade is open or closed? It just mimics a button press if I'm not mistaken. Try manually open/close the shades to match the state bond says it is with the shades remote. Then try and open/close with Bond. Hopefully it'll be correct.

Here is what happens:

Shade 1 is currently closed. Physically and on the Bond app. Hubitat reports the shade as Open. On Hubitat when I select Open, then nothing happens. When I select closed then the shade opens but Hubitat now reports that open shade as closed.

If I use the Bond app to open shade 1, then it will open and Bond will correctly report it as open. Hubitat will now report it as closed.

These are Zigbee shades. If they were RTS then that trick would work to get them in sync. Zigbee gives 2-way communication but unfortunately Hubitat is reporting it backwards.

Yikes. Well I tried. :slight_smile:

The Hubitat official Bond integration is a great idea, but there are several portions of it that do not work. They released is about a year ago, but seem to have been concentrating on issues unrelated to the Bond integration since shortly after its release.

My suggestion is to use the community Bond app.
For me, that solved the issue of synching the addition and deletion of devices between the Bond App and Hubitat.
In regards to the status of the shade, I have the same issue, because mine are TDBU (top down bottom up) shades. If Bond recognizes your shade as a TDBU it will show it properly, but if you have to manually select a device to pair with Bond (as I do) then bond also shows it incorrect. So when the top is down and the shade is open, HE thinks it is closed and vice versa. I've suggested to Hubitat that they change the status text from open/closed to up/down, which at least would have that part correct, and then let users select whether up or down = closed. I suspect others have the same issue. So far I've just lived with it, but I can see it being a significant HAF issue if you have the shade status on a household dashboard. I just mounted the original shade remote to the wall so that if someone wants a status different than the automation, or the automation fails, they use the shade remote

Thanks for your reply. How do I get the community bond app?

Actually- figured out how to get the community bond app. Will try to set it up tomorrow.

2 Likes

I believe I'm using the built-in one. Are you referring to this one?

Screenshot 2024-01-11 080311

I agree. My logs were getting spammed with error messages using the official Bond integration and I couldn't get any help at all from the HE staff. I tried on numerous occasions as did other community members on my behalf. I assume they have abandoned working on Bond for other things and it's as good as it's going to get. The community integration has been pretty solid for me.

1 Like

Yes, that is the community app.

1 Like