Bond creating "Excessive load on hub"?

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but...

I just noticed that my logs are showing this error every 30 seconds:

When I click on the red "Error" box, it takes me to a page labeled "BOND Home Integration"
I am not sure if this is the built in Bond app or the community Bond app. It may be the community app because it has a paypal logo at the bottom.
Because the internet was out for a while earlier this week I tried reentering the Bond Hub Token shown in the Bond app (that should not matter because I've manually assigned the Bond hub an IP in my router, but...).
Doing that simply generates this message:

Error: No signature of method: java.net.SocketTimeoutException.getResponse() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: getMessage()

This is all very strange because my automations associated with the Bond Hub have been working fine.

What should I do to resolve this error?

Because you made a change that produced the “no signature of method” error, have you tried restoring a backup from before your internet outage? I don’t have this integration, but I have seen other community integrations self-delete child devices when their cloud server goes out, causing null responses and similar errors. Just a thought that would put you back to where you were before the outage.

I have made no changes.
Are you saying the internet going out made a change?
Wouldn't re-entering the Bond Hub Token effectively resolve whatever change could have been made by the internet going out?
I'm trying to understand what the error is actually complaining about - ie what does "no signature" actually mean? Clearly the Bond and the Hubitat are communicating because my automations continue to work...but "excessive hub load" sounds bad...

I gave you an example that I have seen. Anecdotal, I’ll admit, but that’s why I gave a specific example.

:man_shrugging: Again, that’s why I suggested the shotgun approach, which would put you back in the same working state on the Hubitat you had before the outage, just to help troubleshooting.

Groovy uses overloaded methods, where the correct method (routine) is called based on the types of the arguments. In your case, it appears that a call to getResponse on a socket is timing out. Perhaps it’s a socket to the Bond hub for one of its child devices, and that child device has disappeared. Perhaps better error handling could provide more informative error text.

Again, I don’t have a Bond hub. I’m just suggesting a troubleshooting step that might eliminate some possible error possibilities.

@672southmain - I was dreading restoring my previous backup, so I had not yet done it.
Yesterday, the internet was out again while they worked on it. I rearranged my network area during the same time, so the HE was also unplugged during this time. When I put everything back, and internet came back, the excessive hub load error message in HE went away! So it basically solved itself. I don't know if it was the powered down or the loss of internet, but either way, it is fixed.

If it happens again, I'm going to try powering down and restarting....

1 Like

Sounds like a plan.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.