Blueiris Integration

Hello,
Still fairly new to HE and have managed to integrate my landscape lighting into HE just recently. Long time user of Homeseer but it has become wonky over the last year not to mention expensive. I am now looking into moving my Blueiris NVR over to HE but can not find the app or integration method to accomplish this.
Can anyone point me in the general direction?

Thanks

See this (somewhat longish) thread...

That above thread is a good read but let me try to answer your question directly also.

I’m not sure exactly how to interpret this question, but if you literally mean you’d like to migrate from BlueIris to Hubitat, I would respectfully submit that that’s the wrong way to think about it.

BlueIris is one of several Video Management Software (VMS) solutions—in my opinion, it’s the best one, but I suppose that’s arguable. Hubitat won’t (ever?) replace a VMS. In my setup. I have cameras configured in BlueIris and then when a camera is triggered using whatever VMS events (motion sensing, audio, AI, etc.), I can use the BlueIris alerts via MakerAPI in Hubitat to trigger events, usually usually using a virtual motion sensor. I also have HE events trigger BI cameras in other use cases.

So all this is a long way of saying I don’t think you want to replace BI with HE. I think you want them to play nicely with each other. Happy to share more if helpful.

Just my 2 cents….

I'd love to see HE motions Trigger Blu Iris cameras. Wish I was knowledgeable enough to write it. Took me long enough to get my laundry monitor functional lol...

I use HE to set Home & Away on Blue Iris. I use this rule:

I haven't done any other HE/BI integrations.

1 Like

I think it's better to trigger the camera using CodeProject AI within Blue Iris and then use MakerAPI or a local endpoint to integrate with HE. However, if you would rather have HE trigger your cameras it's pretty simple using a get command in Rule Machine. Here is the Blue Iris http command you would use to trigger a camera:

http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_BI_SERVER:PORT/admin?camera=camera_short_name&trigger&user=XXXXX&pw=XXXXXX

and an example of a simple rule:

1 Like