Bloomsky Integration

Thanks @jlv and @elf for the confirmation. I did end up on reddit and saw some of the goodbye posts from some users. I have been browsing the threads here on HE about weather stations to get some ideas on replacement. I am curious about the new Wittboy as replacement, also looking at the AmbientWeather replacements, I am not interested in the consoles so that might drive the price down a little.

Seems like the weather stations I'm looking at are more expensive than the BloomSky we got during their community outreach program back in 2016, LOL. Oh well ... surprised that the BloomSky lasted as long as it did.

Good thing there are existing HE drivers for both the AmbientWeather and WeatherFlow stations ... too damn lazy to write my own :smile:

2 Likes

Yes, $20 is a little hard to beat :joy:.

1 Like

I payed $40 ... but I got two of them :laughing:

Netatmo replaced my Bloomsky when Bloomsky announced v2 and was looking like the v1 owners would be left out, then WeatherFlow replaced Netatmo recently. WeatherFlow is awesome.

4 Likes

I'm eyeing that Tempest ... love no-moving-parts :grin: ... and I don't get much (i.e., NONE) in my part of SoCal, so the haptic rain sensor for the two or three drops of "rain" is OK with me LOL.

2 Likes

This is one wittboy, I've only seen one owner (I think) in the forum.

3 Likes

Similar to the WeatherFlow Tempest, but the Tempest is solar-powered.

Might look into the wittboy for my other WS, but hesitant on battery-powered WS out in the desert environment, namely, Las Vegas :frowning:; my other BloomSky has physically survived Las Vegas, surprisingly.

1 Like

Been running Netatmo's rain gauge in parallel with Tempest and they have been almost a perfect match.

2 Likes

That's pretty good. I haven't seen 1.2 inches of rain in decades in the south west :frowning:

2 Likes

The one I posted above is also solar powered. I haven't looked into much detail about each of the options but I would prefer one that doesn't need another gateway/hub.

3 Likes

Oh, only noticed the bit about the two AA LR6 batteries.

1 Like

Pulled the trigger on the WS90. I hope it lasts as long as the Bloomsky did. The no moving parts thing might help like you mentioned. The other weather stations I've looked at seem to need new arrays at some point.

2 Likes

Let us know how that Ecowitt works out. I might get one for my second location.

Ordered and received my WeatherFlow Tempest today. I just installed it and revamped my old webCoRE weather status piston using Justin's (@augoisms) WeatherFlow Lite drivers ... works great:

One of these days I'll clean up the piston of BloomSky references and variables ... one of these days :laughing:

4 Likes

Just saw the Tempest @ $263 :slight_smile: -- I haven't installed the Wittboy :thinking:

https://a.co/d/7nf6sgD

1 Like

@eibyer where did you see the Tempest for that price? Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.